Medical - 19A

Started by PROUD MEMBER, February 10, 2015, 03:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Has anyone used Dr. Mani recently (in the last month since our BC/BS has changed). If so what does he charge and how do you pay? Also for those who have used Dr. Aquafredda in the past and this time used Dr. Mani which one would you recommend or does it really make a difference or not?

PROUD MEMBER

Any help?
Has anyone used Dr. Mani recently (in the last month since our BC/BS has changed). If so what does he charge and how do you pay? Also for those who have used Dr. Aquafredda in the past and this time used Dr. Mani which one would you recommend or does it really make a difference or not?

Buzz

My medical hasn't come up yet, but when it does I believe I'll be using Mani ... $55, vs. Quackafredda, $75. In both cases I believe it's cash. Like to see you try giving the Quack a Visa card!!!  ;D

(And I've heard Mani doesn't have holes in his jacket!)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Thanks Buzz
I wasn't referring to a credit card. I was wondering if Mani was $55 and U get reimbursed $40 from the Union or if he takes your BC/BS and you pay a copayment (if so is that copayment $15 as last year or $25 this year)?

hognol

Dr. Mani is $60 cash only. $40 reimbursed from BC.
I used him last week and his office is a lot cleaner than Aqua.

Buzz

Quote from: hognol on February 11, 2015, 11:15:57 PM
Dr. Mani is $60 cash only. $40 reimbursed from BC.
I used him last week and his office is a lot cleaner than Aqua.

You mean, no holes in the linoleum ("oilcloth")?

Was the red on the eye chart really red? Did he turn on the light?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Buzz

What a surprise! His shirt's not tucked in!

PROUD MEMBER

I know amongst ourselves we all have made jokes about Aquafredda over the years but I feel we should give him a little courtesy on the Internet. It seems like now that there is another Doc in town it's alright to throw Aquafredda under the bus. Let's not forget if not for him a lot of us would not be driving a bus.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 12, 2015, 08:27:24 PM
I know amongst ourselves we all have made jokes about Aquafredda over the years but I feel we should give him a little courtesy on the Internet. It seems like now that there is another Doc in town it's alright to throw Aquafredda under the bus. Let's not forget if not for him a lot of us would not be driving a bus.

No worries ... he doesn't even have a computer!!! (Not at home either ... he told me so.) Just having a little fun at his expense, no harm intended. Nobody's throwing him under the bus ... lighten up.

Buzz

Now, truthfully ... have you ever seen both of them in the same place at the same time?  :snicker:   :snicker:   :snicker:

PROUD MEMBER

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz or anyone with knowledge
A few weeks back someone posted about having your Medical dated for 2 years. Does that mean that the Doctor dates the paperwork that you hand in for one year and the slip you carry in your wallet can be dated for two years??

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 13, 2015, 12:49:48 PM
Buzz or anyone with knowledge
A few weeks back someone posted about having your Medical dated for 2 years. Does that mean that the Doctor dates the paperwork that you hand in for one year and the slip you carry in your wallet can be dated for two years??

Yes. Acquafredda won't date it for 2 years. I've heard Mani will, not sure. But it eliminates having to go a month earlier each year so as not to run into a problem with DMV.

PROUD MEMBER

Does anyone know with regards to our Medical Exam Certificate there is a new box "Intrastate Only". Do we check yes or no??

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 14, 2015, 11:33:23 PM
Does anyone know with regards to our Medical Exam Certificate there is a new box "Intrastate Only". Do we check yes or no??

I don't think so ... but the doctor fills it out, not you.