Let's Help Margaret

Started by Buzz, December 02, 2021, 05:10:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Margaret is a shape matron that I greet each morning totally unaware of her desperate circumstances until today.  Because of an abusive relationship she and her 6 kids are living in a homeless shelter in Brooklyn. She gets to work in a borrowed car every day.

I neither need to know nor examine the details of her present predicament. I just know there are 6 beautiful kids for whom she is desperately  trying  to provide a better life.

Margaret has been training to be a driver and has her CDL road test in a couple of weeks. Hopefully she will pass and go from 4-hour shape matron pay to full-time driver pay. This will go a long way towards giving her children a better life, a life that their innocence deserves.

In this season of giving a lot of us donate to various charities, but can't put a face to who is actually being helped. Here we have an opportunity to help 6 kids directly and you can see their faces below. Here's a link to a Go Fund Me page for Margaret ... whatever God puts in your heart to give ... $5, $20, $50 or more, it will all help. Please give it your serious consideration, thank you.

Go Fund Me for Margaret >>> https://www.gofundme.com/f/44g3k-please-help-margret?utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

List of Donors >>> https://www.gofundme.com/f/44g3k-please-help-margret/donations?utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1&utm_medium=copy_link&utm_source=customer

Margaret (far right) and her children.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Just think ... How many people on your gift list have, "A place to call home" on their wish list?

PROUD MEMBER

I don't do that internet Go Fund Me thing but I will seek her out tomorrow morning and help her out directly.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 03, 2021, 01:06:10 AM
I don't do that internet Go Fund Me thing but I will seek her out tomorrow morning and help her out directly.

Certainly an option. I'm sure you'll do it privately to spare her any embarrassment.Thank you.

PROUD MEMBER

PROUD MEMBER

I met Margaret this morning. What a nice young woman. I can't believe she has 6 kids. I encourage everyone to help her out. Even if you contribute on the go fund me page or if you can't afford to I still encourage you to stop in the morning and just wish her a good morning. Your gesture will go a long way!!!!

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on December 03, 2021, 03:05:27 PM
I met Margaret this morning. What a nice young woman. I can't believe she has 6 kids. I encourage everyone to help her out. Even if you contribute on the go fund me page or if you can't afford to I still encourage you to stop in the morning and just wish her a good morning. Your gesture will go a long way!!!!

Apparently she worked today because she was not in the drivers room when I came in.