Claim Unemployment

Started by Buzz, January 03, 2021, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheKid24

Question, for those of us working Jewish schools this week, if schools are closed tomorrow due to the "snowstorm" do we get 85 percent or no given public schools are off this week. I'm only asking because I don't have RJJ on Friday's and if they are closed Thursday it puts me under the 504 cap to claim unemployment. So who would know if we get 85 percent or not for those working Thursday?

faceit

All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on February 17, 2021, 03:59:59 PM
Question, for those of us working Jewish schools this week, if schools are closed tomorrow due to the "snowstorm" do we get 85 percent or no given public schools are off this week. I'm only asking because I don't have RJJ on Friday's and if they are closed Thursday it puts me under the 504 cap to claim unemployment. So who would know if we get 85 percent or not for those working Thursday?

I'm thinking "no" (because the DOE is closed anyway) but it's an unusual situation ... could go either way. Yes, ask Andy.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

answerman

Do we claim Unemployment this Sunday 2/22?

TheKid24

Nobody knows a definite answer on if 2-18 is a snow day at 85 percent. Andy said he would
Assume so but he's gotta check up on it. I would guess Kathy would know the answer if anyone. I'm just curious because without the 85 percent I'm at 16 hours for the week. If we get the 85 percent do I put those 6.5 hours into my UI claim putting me at 22 hours. Questions people need answers to. Hopefully Kathy will have the answer tomorrow because from what other drivers are telling me they say we are getting the 85 and we aren't getting the 85.....and if we do, do we put it into the UI hours...

Buzz

Well lookl, you'll have until a week from Saturday to claim for this week so if you don't get an answer right away, don't fret.

If it's up to Kathy, you ain't getting it.  ;D ;D ;D

I'm thinking like this ... if schools were open today but a particular school called it a snow day, hires since 2013 wouldn't get paid (assuming they didn't have other schools).

Also, being you're only paid for the days you work I doubt you'll be getting a snow day. I'm guessing you won't get paid just like you don't get paid for Friday because your're not working.

Just my logic ... but let us know.

TheKid24

Quote from: Buzz on February 19, 2021, 01:38:20 AM
Well lookl, you'll have until a week from Saturday to claim for this week so if you don't get an answer right away, don't fret.

If it's up to Kathy, you ain't getting it.  ;D ;D ;D

I'm thinking like this ... if schools were open today but a particular school called it a snow day, hires since 2013 wouldn't get paid (assuming they didn't have other schools).

Also, being you're only paid for the days you work I doubt you'll be getting a snow day. I'm guessing you won't get paid just like you don't get paid for Friday because your're not working.

Just my logic ... but let us know.

I'm just gonna put 16 hours as my work hours when I claim
This week. If I get the 85 percent next Friday and I have to owe back UI some money then oh well lol

answerman

Just to ask again. If we did not work this week to we file this Sunday 2/21?

Buzz

Quote from: answerman on February 20, 2021, 09:25:37 PM
Just to ask again. If we did not work this week to we file this Sunday 2/21?

Yes.