Strike: Vote Yes or No?

Started by Buzz, June 07, 2023, 04:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

I'm assuming there's around 430 active Drivers & Matrons at Pioneer SI.
There's no more field trips and since the delegates are coming early there really isn't any reason for anyone not to vote.
Let's take a guess. I'll start
I'll say only 291 people vote.
Ur next Buzz

Bussin4Livin

Wrong! There still are field trips lol. I got my charter today and a trip Friday. Likely not as many trips as we have had since this is the last week of trips I'm assuming. I'm voting yes as soon as I get to the yard before I leave....my concern are drivers that have no idea what is going on and just vote no

Btw I heard from a friend who works for NYCBUS that they had their vote yesterday and it passed although 40 people voted no

PROUD MEMBER

Are you talking about field trips or are you talking about paid trips and paid charters?

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 13, 2023, 12:10:19 PMAre you talking about field trips or are you talking about paid trips and paid charters?

Paid charter today, Friday a trip from a school to another school with 5 other buses(regular trip slip)

PROUD MEMBER

After voting this morning,  I think the number maybe a little higher than I said. Reason being is they locked the back door, so you cannot sneak in and out, you have to go through the front door so basically you're forced to vote.

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 13, 2023, 12:16:10 PMAfter voting this morning,  I think the number maybe a little higher than I said. Reason being is they locked the back door, so you cannot sneak in and out, you have to go through the front door so basically you're forced to vote.

good, I'll be voting yes in 5 min when I walk in.

Bussin4Livin

Just voted yes 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Buzz

QuoteI'm assuming there's around 430 active Drivers & Matrons at Pioneer SI.
There's no more field trips and since the delegates are coming early there really isn't any reason for anyone not to vote.
Let's take a guess. I'll start
I'll say only 291 people vote.
Ur next Buzz

Don't know the numbers but I'll say 95% of drivers, `15% of matrons ... if that.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

QuotePaid charter today, Friday a trip from a school to another school with 5 other buses(regular trip slip)

I'm told the "trips" are graduation-related. No movies or pet stores. But OPT lies.  >:(

Bussin4Livin

Buzz any idea when the results will be told?

mirrorcheck

It comes down to the majority here under the old legacy and the new people want better . At least that's the way it seems to people I talk to. The sooner we say we all want that one contract and 40 week guarantee.
       I'm not for a strike , I did vote yes but there simply is no option. If we voted no strike your simply taking it in the shirts waving the white flag.
        What's going on at this place isn't the exception it's the norm. Not just local, not regionally BUT nationally . Owners know it. They want the union and membership to blink. Stare right back . Look at the big picture . We are all in this together !!!
       PS. Notice how I didn't shoot at the legacy guys, don't single out the new guys . It's all one . That contract with 12 different ways to Siberia was and is a farce . Just like election night people watch results come in and the Networks poll how one group voted or another group voted , all divisive topics. Everyone here wants better for themselves and family regardless of their age , if the MTA is hiring or how much etc etc. the sooner we stop falling for the claptrap and uniting fully , the better !!!!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

QuoteBuzz any idea when the results will be told?

For us it was  294 - YES, 68 - NO, 1 - VOID.

2 smaller companies voting tomorrow. Should have overall results for the union sometime tomorrow. 

PROUD MEMBER

Any idea how many SI Pioneer members didn't vote

Bussin4Livin

I think a valid more than fair enough contract is 2 or 2.5 raise for 4-5 years WITH guaranteed weeks FOR ALL and/with cutting top pay from 12-6/7 years

PROUD MEMBER

Top pay 7 years
Family medical 1 year
2.25 2.25 2.5 for a total of 7% over the next 3 years
I'd be happy as opposed to a Strike (if need be).