Even Numbers Again?!!

Started by Buzz, March 16, 2015, 09:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Friday's yard inspection is for even numbered runs ... AGAIN. It was even last time. What's up with that?  :devil:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

According to the post on the glass ALL drivers & attendants with even # routes must be present at 5:30am on 3/20/15 for inspection and supposedly that's the word from OPT. So that means someone with a 7:00am start time has to come in at 5:30am. Sarcastic question - Do we get paid for coming in early? Also this makes no sense because 15 minutes into the inspection we will be told if you don't have a trip come back after your morning run. I would assume there are approximately 200 even # routes. Even if they started at exactly 5:30 at least 130 buses would have to come back anyway. Am I interpreting this notice correctly?

yabba

They can have even report at 4am   No more overtime    :thumbdown:

PROUD MEMBER

I understand there is no more overtime but your start time is your start time. Which to the best of my knowledge is 9 or 10 minutes to check your bus plus the time it takes to get to your first stop. Overtime or no overtime has nothing to do with it. Why am I coming in at 5:30 on Friday when my start time is 7:00?

Squid

How can OPT tell drivers they have to come on before their report time? I distinctly remember
Bloomberg saying  that we don't work for the city, we work for a private company. How can someone you don't work for tell you to come in early? When will the union take a stand on anything. If the union does not challenge this they are spineless.

Goose623

Going to have over 150 buses trying to get inspected and the other half trying to get out of the yard...should be fun to watch.. And to top it off going to have buses with defects pulling up to the garage...

PROUD MEMBER

FYI I was told that the Union said you do not have to report at 5:30am. You can report at your regular report time but I would double check with Ernie or Andy

Buzz

Look guys, this has never been an issue before and there's no reason for it to be now. What was posted in the window is what OPT always sends to the company but we usually get the abridged version. It would not serve anybody's interest for the union to ruffle anybody's feathers over this at a time when the company is trying to get a contract from these people. All I can tell you is do what you usually do whenever there is an announced yard inspection and you'll be OK. I'm going to lock this topic as it would be best to have no further discussion about it at this time. Please, read between the lines and DO NOT continue it in another thread.

Cheers.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.