Our Benefits

Started by wheresmymoney!, October 14, 2020, 10:47:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmymoney!

This question is for Buzz i think bcz he's in the know or can find out!  so when we lost our benefits some of us got supplemental benefits through another insurer to get us through.  im wondering if we get furloughed again, will we again lose our benefits? or are we taken care of for this year?  im afraid to get rid of the other coverage for fear this will happen again.   

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on October 14, 2020, 10:47:09 PM
This question is for Buzz i think bcz he's in the know or can find out!  so when we lost our benefits some of us got supplemental benefits through another insurer to get us through.  im wondering if we get furloughed again, will we again lose our benefits? or are we taken care of for this year?  im afraid to get rid of the other coverage for fear this will happen again.   

I know what you mean, I'm also not sure whether to cancel my Part B. I've asked about this and while indications are that we would keep our benefits, there are no guarantees as yet.

Supposedly, part of the 43% guarantee in the event of another shutdown in the city's new contract with contractors is to pay for our benefits, but as we now know, it wouldn't be the first time the city broke a contract.

Can't tell you what to do but, as for me, I'll hold on to it a while longer. Wish I could give you a more definitive answer but this is all the info I'm getting as of now.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

wheresmymoney!

The benefits i got are expensive but if i let them go im not so sure they will be easy to get back if need be. What to do what to do???

PROUD MEMBER

Wheresmymoney
I called the insurance company that I had and told them that I just got my 1181 coverage back. She told me that she would cancel the coverage but it is still good to the end of the month as long as I don't use my 1181 coverage. She also said that I have two months from the termination of her coverage (which would be October 31st) to get that coverage back using the same ID # and wouldn't have to go through the entire process again. Which means if we were to lose the 1181 coverage again before December 31st, all I have to do is call her and I would be reinstated. I don't know if that would be the same for you.