Atlantic Express Drivers

Started by Golfnut, December 07, 2013, 12:09:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Air_Brakes

If I'm correct those 355 drivers at AE were the same guys who were laughing at pioneer on the strikeline giving us snd their matrons the finger as they were driving by....getting in verbal fights with pioneer.  Their union Rep acted like we were scum.   I for one will never forget that and will never ever acknowledge one of those drivers from that location.  :thumbdown:

hognol

I personally think Pioneer should NOT hire anyone from AE who crossed our picket line. 

1union

In my opinion and just mine I think we have to take care of 1181 first ! And not all of those guys wanted to go out but they were afraid of losing their jobs just like most of us here.they also have there version of Owen and direct rats like we have here so I forgive them and hope they join us in 1181 sign a loyalty act to make sure we stand as one ! Power in numbers. we all should sign one !

Grrr

Quote from: Air_Brakes on December 07, 2013, 04:15:37 PM
If I'm correct those 355 drivers at AE were the same guys who were laughing at pioneer on the strikeline giving us snd their matrons the finger as they were driving by....getting in verbal fights with pioneer.  Their union Rep acted like we were scum.   I for one will never forget that and will never ever acknowledge one of those drivers from that location.  :thumbdown:

Best post of the year.

worker341

I think we should hire people from AE. However let the scumbags work and start with 11.50 to 14.50 an hour maybe now they would know what we fought for. Next time maybe they would join the strike line and freeze their balls off  like we did at Pioneer While they were in their nice warm buses laughing at us.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 07, 2013, 04:09:35 PM

It's United Service Workers Union Local 355 ... the union includes car mechanics, health care workers, building trades, etc.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 07, 2013, 04:33:40 PM
In my opinion and just mine I think we have to take care of 1181 first !

I'm pretty sure that would have to be ... IF we were to get any runs, which again, is not at all certain.

Buzz

Quote from: 1union on December 07, 2013, 01:05:53 PM
Hey buzz whoever told you is lying I no a guy who was there said hello but did not get a chance to speak because every time I go to A k yard I want to throw up but am pretty sure he is not 1181 .

Quote from: Golfnut on December 07, 2013, 12:09:59 AM
Saw a few Atlantic Express drivers filling out Applications in the Drivers Room today. Heard we are possibly picking up 80 Runs from Their Staten Island Company. That means 80 more workers,80 more Busses and Gas lines that will Wrap around the yard and down Arthur Kill Road !!!

Quote from: John Eadicicco on December 07, 2013, 04:01:50 AM
Buzz you are mistaken. There were a few A/E drivers filling out applications today at our yard! I was a witness to this!
I do believe they were not 1181 members!

Apparently I was indeed inadvertently given the wrong information. In the drivers room this morning a couple of other drivers confirmed what you saw. I stand corrected, thanks for calling it to my attention.

PROUD MEMBER

Does anyone know (for sure) if Pioneer will get any of Atlantic's runs starting 1/2/14. If so, how many and will they actually be pulling out of Arthur Kill or Sharrotts or possibly still out of Atlantic's yard?

yabba

according to OPT website we grew about 21 runs in the past week...we went from 356 to 376 give or take a few either way

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on December 29, 2013, 06:44:22 PM
according to OPT website we grew about 21 runs in the past week...we went from 356 to 376 give or take a few either way

That is correct. We got their full-size bus runs ... 21. (No vans)