Emergency EB meeting tomorrow regarding PAY

Started by Buzz, March 15, 2020, 11:15:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on March 16, 2020, 02:24:59 AM
Even though it is better than unemployment, we should not have our pay cut by 15%. This is not a temporary snow type situation. It is projected to last for an extended period. The Federal government is working on payroll tax cuts which will help us as well as the owners. The companies should do the right thing for their workers who may face difficulties.The owners have their contracts regardless. If anything they should be doing more to help their loyal workers who took cuts the last time so they can be competitive. Remember the sacrifices made to help them. It's time they step up and help us.

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 16, 2020, 02:19:13 AM
Neils already been paid for all the work we do so it would be no problem for him just to pay us as the norm as these are extenuating curcumstances and we're real ppl with families still to support.  Just to throw some humanity in there.

It would be nice if what you guys are saying would be so, but there is no personal or emotional attachment between these companies and their employees. It is just a business to them and they're going to run them as profitably as they can. Sentiment does not distract them from making as much as possible. There is no human quality involved. We're in the "expenses" column on the ledger sheet. It's just business.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I agree with you. I'll take 85% and Medical over unemployment and No Medical. I would assume that down the road the Board will see if Neil only got 85% or not. At that time no matter what Neil got then the Board can decide if we should go after the other 15%. What gets me is that I first posted these wage and medical questions on this & other sites 3 days ago and basically no one responded. Now AFTER the shit hits the fan is when Members respond. That's why our Union is where it's at. Many Members (not all) only show concern after the fact!

wheresmymoney!

I think if we knew for certain we would get this 85 plus benefits until this is all over no matter what the date, would be more settling.  The other scenario u mentioned would s--k.

wheresmymoney!

If he kicked us to the curb after april 20th and schools dont open that would be catastrophic for us.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 16, 2020, 04:52:54 AM
If he kicked us to the curb after april 20th and schools dont open that would be catastrophic for us.

Yes, it would be but ... and this is JUST MY OPINION ... I don't see that happening. Best case scenario is that this thing will be behind us and we'll go back to work on the 20th. If not, what will happen after that will be a topic of today's EB meeting and hopefully we'll have an answer today as well. I'll keep everyone posted.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 16, 2020, 03:00:10 AM
What gets me is that I first posted these wage and medical questions on this & other sites 3 days ago and basically no one responded. Now AFTER the shit hits the fan is when Members respond. That's why our Union is where it's at. Many Members (not all) only show concern after the fact!

I think a lot of people had the same questions. Many people were talking about it at work. But although we thought it was a possibility, I don't know if anybody really believed that schools would close ... including the union ... due to de Blasio's repeated refusal to do so.

As is often the case ... whether it's the mayor, governor or our union ...  really tough decisions aren't made until circumstances force them to be made.

wheresmymoney!

The revolving door of new drivers should be enuf to show him he needs us to keep this place running.  He already has the money by giving us 85 hes gets to pocket 15 plus  whatever federal assistance we get.  Hell get to keep.  This is why we have a union this isnt our fault we shouldn't be penalized.  It should be status quo for 39 weeks. 

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 16, 2020, 01:32:26 PM
The revolving door of new drivers should be enuf to show him he needs us to keep this place running.  He already has the money by giving us 85 hes gets to pocket 15 plus  whatever federal assistance we get.  Hell get to keep.  This is why we have a union this isnt our fault we shouldn't be penalized.  It should be status quo for 39 weeks.

How do we know he "already has the money." The city gives him all his money up front?

How do we know he's not getting only 85%?

What federal assistance?

Is the virus Neil's or the union's fault?

How do we know we won't be getting paid for 39 weeks? (Even if at 85%)

wheresmymoney!

At the beginning of the school year hes already been paid up front to my understanding.  If im wrong i stand corrected. I guess you will find out everything after the meeting.

OnTime

Ladies and gentleman what is important now is your family.  The San Francisco Bay Area just issue a shelter in place order, by Thursday we should be under the same order. ConEd and the Gas Company suspended all shut offs.  Realizing uncertainty su*ks DONT sell us short with 85%, let the union work it out and then we can act together.

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on March 16, 2020, 10:24:39 PM
Any news????

As of 6:55 p.m. Michael is still in conference with the DOE. If I hear anything tonight I'll be sure to post it.

wheresmymoney!

Is this a no new is good news scenario or a very bad news scenario?