school busing

Started by steady, August 06, 2020, 12:11:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Quote from: MR.AIRPRESSURE on August 06, 2020, 06:24:12 PM
https://www.foxnews.com/us/new-york-state-school-buses-hand-sanitizer

I just ran into this article

Glad I skimmed through these posts again because I had missed this one the first time around. We're not allowed to have hand sanitizer on the bus ... not even drivers or matrons ... because it's combustible due to its alcohol content? This is insanity! Many kids have little bottles of sanitizer hanging from their bookbags. Now, when it's particularly needed, it's not allowed? This is one rule with which I will not be in compliance. Ridiculous! Give me the fine ... if you catch me.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

LMR

I saw this the other day and thought how insane these geniuses are. I've kept a bottle in the glove compartment always will continue to as well.It's still sitting in my bus as we speak.

hideout

Anyone hear anything about safety precautions on the bus, Plexiglas, plastic curtain, ect?

PROUD MEMBER

I THINK the DOE changed that. I think that they said that there will be hand sanitizer on the bus but it will be non-alcoholic hand sanitizer. Which makes no sense because the science has been telling us since the beginning of this virus that all hand sanitizer should be I believe 60% or more alcohol in order for it to kill the virus.

sbdriver1

I feel bad for whoever has ps 25 or Mt Loretto I don't believe those kids will be following the rules

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 11, 2020, 04:23:44 PM
I THINK the DOE changed that. I think that they said that there will be hand sanitizer on the bus but it will be non-alcoholic hand sanitizer. Which makes no sense because the science has been telling us since the beginning of this virus that all hand sanitizer should be I believe 60% or more alcohol in order for it to kill the virus.

Exactly. Non-alcoholic "sanitizer" is useless as far as trying to prevent the spread of the virus.

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on August 11, 2020, 03:29:36 PM
     Anyone hear anything about safety precautions on the bus, Plexiglas, plastic curtain, ect?

Nothing ... and I'll be surprised if it happens.

wheresmymoney!

Just keep pocket size on your person.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 11, 2020, 04:23:44 PM

I know I posted the reopening plan the DOE sent to the state Health Dept. somewhere, but thanks for calling this to my attention:

"School buses will be equipped with non-flammable hand sanitizer, such as foaming sanitizer that is regularly used in medical facilities and is non-flammable."

Source: https://www.schools.nyc.gov/school-year-20-21/district-school-reopening-plan-submission-to-nysed/transportation