Very confusing predicament!

Started by OMG, September 14, 2020, 09:18:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hammer2161

Many drivers and matrons have asked questions and most questions went unanswered.
Both Pioneer and 1181 can deflect questions better then any goalie I have ever seen.

Wether they lack the information or the answers to the questions we have I would much rather prefer they just be honest with us.

WigWag16

I asked and got 💩 lol....it's goin to get to the point where you just have to look out for yourself and use common sense

yabba

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 15, 2020, 11:20:51 PM
Many drivers and matrons have asked questions and most questions went unanswered.
Both Pioneer and 1181 can deflect questions better then any goalie I have ever seen.

Wether they lack the information or the answers to the questions we have I would much rather prefer they just be honest with us.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Ernie

Guys Please

Stop saying you're the lowest on the totem pole with this pandemic. Each and every one of you are important and the Union and Companies are striving to ensure all your safety There is no where that states you WILL or WILL NOT get more then 10 kids at a time. The runs you are all looking at are LAST YEARS runs. Pre-pandemic. The routers have to go through the runs and separate them properly.

As far as the PPE's ..the company did INFACT supply the PPE's..He is still waiting on the gloves. And whether anyone chooses to use the gloves or not is your discretion .But understand the PPE's are being supplied.
As far as the buses not being properly cleaned since March.  I Do not know this as fact and I am not saying what people are saying are lies.. BUT I will look into this.I do know for fact that every single bus in Arthur Kill and Sharotts  has been disinfected with a fogging machine and I know for certain 100%.

Also the question of the day is Medical and when is it going to be reinstated?

All companies were requested to send in a complete list of Drivers and Attendants who showed up to work  MONDAY and TUESDAY and until Blue Cross Blue Shield  gets the list from every contractor that is in our fund..it will take a little bit. It is not like flipping a light switch.  HOWEVER  and Most importantly your medical goes back to SEPT 1.

I ask all to please be patient

Thank you
Ernie.

Buzz

Quote from: hideout on September 15, 2020, 08:51:03 PM
    Buzz you say we are basically screwed. But what is are union response to the lack of safety protocol? What happened to the union's safety proposal that Michael put out a few months back? There has to be  some kind of response other than were fuc.... Can something legally be done, some city,state, fed. agency pertaining to workers safety,ect. Even the MTA had Plexiglas installed on their buses, something. Can the union find out what's up with the lack of clarity with the BOE indicating a seating diagram with only 10 students then indicating elsewhere that any student with a mask must be allowed on the bus. We need answers don't we deserve at least that much or are we some kind of robots and shouldn't question anything. It's just not fair on any level.

Both the company and the union are looking for the same answers you and we all are. They are not getting them from OPT.

As far as the safety proposals, they were just that ... proposals. I guess we got OPT's answer today ... sanitizer and cheap masks, with gloves to come. What can the union do? The same as the UFT ... threaten to go on strike? With as long as we've been out work, I doubt 20% would vote in favor of it.

I would encourage everyone to file a complaint with the Dept. of Labor. https://labor.ny.gov/workerprotection/laborstandards/coronavirus-complaints.shtm

Also, it might help to send an email to the NYS Education Dept. and let them know that the DOE is not abiding by safety protocols. They have a dedicated email for virus issues ... COVID19@nysed.gov
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

I would think we would have to get back to work before any complaints can be made. Right now it is hypothetical. As of now we are back to work with no actual work. We cannot continue to be left in limbo. We are prepared and willing to work. If private schools are back and mandated to have buses, we should fight along side them and get the work.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 15, 2020, 11:20:51 PM

They're telling you they aren't getting answers from OPT. How is that dishonest?

Hammer2161

Buzz, you have been around longer than I have and if you believe that that is the answer they are giving to everyone fair enough. But I beg to differ on that very issue. I am not going to sit here and name names but we all know that when certain people are approached it doesn't always go well.

Let's assume they know nothing for a moment, then why hand out routes with seating guidance on the back to only then tell us you have to take everyone that shows up with a mask. If that's not direct guidance from OPT then tell us nothing and wait for OPT to give us proper guidance.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 16, 2020, 01:54:20 AM
Let's assume they know nothing for a moment, then why hand out routes with seating guidance on the back to only then tell us you have to take everyone that shows up with a mask. If that's not direct guidance from OPT then tell us nothing and wait for OPT to give us proper guidance.

But I'm trying to tell you ... that IS direct guidance from OPT and it makes no sense. Owen even commented on it during the "training" class. He didn't make that up ... it was from OPT.  It's self-contradictory and the company and the union know it. What can they do if OPT doesn't give them answers?

The real answer is: OPT has no fucking plan for busing whatsoever and the right hand of the DOE doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Hammer2161

Well at least we agree on that " OPT HAS NO FUCKING PLAN AT ALL ".