Kid Tracker / COVID Tracer

Started by Buzz, September 12, 2020, 03:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

Truly very interesting. I can't help wondering what the cost factor would be.
But honestly it truly is interesting but I am thinking it would be difficult to implement seeing as the BOE has botched everything else they have attempted.

Buzz

They were supposed to come out with a similar system last year called "Via for Schools" with which parents could track their kids' and the bus' location with a phone app. Kids would have an ID card with a QR code on it and scan it on a reader getting on and off the bus. I don't think it worked out very well after the DOE invested millions in what was essentially an enhanced GPS system in addition to the GPS that is already on buses. The city spent tens of millions on each system.

Hammer2161

I can't help but find it amazing that the powers that be can be so frivolous with money when we are in possibly the worst financial crisis of our lifetimes. The amount of money the city has wasted or poorly spent ( aka the pizza boxes ) could have gone a long way in PPE supplies.

I am aware they didn't invest in this guardian thing but think about all the money spent on the original gps systems that never worked.  :head_wall: :head_wall:

yabba

they threw money out the window for years...now they want fed to bail us out...lol..and they still wasting money we really dont have anymore... DiBozo doesnt care ,he just keeps pumping money into his wife pocket..

Buzz

I wouldn't say the GPS system doesn't work. They can see where every bus is at any given time ... even if the bus isn't running.

Hammer2161

I was talking about the gps systems they put in the special ed buses that required you to long in both the driver and matron. Those systems never worked. They were supposed to give you a specific route from stop to stop and have the ability to track the bus. I believe at this point most of them have been removed.

Buzz

Quote from: Hammer2161 on September 12, 2020, 04:41:10 PM
I was talking about the gps systems they put in the special ed buses that required you to long in both the driver and matron. Those systems never worked. They were supposed to give you a specific route from stop to stop and have the ability to track the bus. I believe at this point most of them have been removed.

Oh those ... yes, worthless.

sbdriver1

Mine worked. I like them because i was able to get directions to places  or adresses that I've never been to.

Hammer2161

You were one of the very few that it worked for.