Today's Conference: Nothing to see here

Started by Buzz, April 13, 2020, 08:16:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Sorry to say but Ernie learned nothing of much value during today's EB conference. Still no firm answers from the DOE regarding pay going forward. Much is up in the air as to IF and when schools will reopen.

There was some discussion about Michael's efforts to insure the safety of drivers in the event we do go back before the end of June, including letters to the city and governor regarding same.

There was really no "news" so to speak. We can expect another letter from Michael in the near future. Perhaps he will be able to shed some more light on the questions we all have.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

J.T.

Well before we go back I think this is my opinion someone should really get in there and clean each and every bus and I don't mean sweep the floor, Some of them buss are disgusting .Neil needs  a real bus wash not a dirty water one and real soap 😡

sbdriver1

With kids sneezing and coughing all over the place and in a confined space. A clean bus will not do much good

yabba

this is a little scary now at this point...  our benefits are in jeopardy....... i hope 1181 can carry us fir a few months

steady

While we are being paid our benefits are not in jeopardy.  The deduction continues as usual out of our pay.  If we are forced to claim unemployment that would be different.

What scares me is if the gov. opens schools.  You know how some of these kids are.  Especially some special ed routes.  The kids will have a new way of harassment.  Spitting at the drivers, matrons, teachers etc.  I pray the schools stay closed!

yabba

Quote from: steady on April 13, 2020, 11:04:34 PM
While we are being paid our benefits are not in jeopardy.  The deduction continues as usual out of our pay.  If we are forced to claim unemployment that would be different.

What scares me is if the gov. opens schools.  You know how some of these kids are.  Especially some special ed routes.  The kids will have a new way of harassment.  Spitting at the drivers, matrons, teachers etc.  I pray the schools stay closed!

i cant see the schools opening...we still have 700 people a day dying in NY...we just have 2  a$$holes running NY and NYC  so i guess anything is possible...  but the mayor did say again today the schools are definetly not opening till sept..

J.T.

That's good  I hope they don't open till sept