Long But Good Article

Started by Buzz, August 26, 2020, 01:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

NOTE": "Mother Jones is a reader-supported investigative news organization recently honored as Magazine of the Year by our peers in the industry. Our nonprofit newsroom goes deep on the biggest stories of the moment, from politics and criminal and racial justice to education, climate change, and food/agriculture."

Key quotes from the article:

"Negotiations between the city's department of education and bus contractors whose workers Cordiello represents only began in the last week, and he says, "There has been no conversation up to this point with our union..."

"Cordiello is concerned about starting a school year without having considerable safety protocols in place."

"According to an ATU spokesperson, the city Department of Education is negotiating with bus contractors, but there is no direct line of communication between the department and Local 1181."

Read the article here ...
https://www.motherjones.com/coronavirus-updates/2020/08/in-the-pandemic-some-school-bus-drivers-are-treated-as-if-theyre-expendable/?fbclid=IwAR21wUewrPPOtTQi_46Mwa7A228ftJgQxSiVjpTRMfJcq7_nDNf2PLpZgQ8
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Hmm ... somebody posted that they went to the class today and was told the same as we were in the very first class last week ... that there has been no communication with Pioneer from OPT.

? ? ?

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on August 26, 2020, 01:41:25 AM
Hmm ... somebody posted that they went to the class today and was told the same as we were in the very first class last week ... that there has been no communication with Pioneer from OPT.

? ? ?

Yupp that's what I was told during today's course

Buzz

Another key point in the article that I meant to call your attention, not attributed to anyone interviewed:

"Initially, bus service would only be offered to children with disabilities before expanding to general population."

Wish they would have cited a source for that info.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on August 26, 2020, 11:58:44 AM

Another key point in the article that I meant to call your attention, not attributed to anyone interviewed:

"Initially, bus service would only be offered to children with disabilities before expanding to general population."

Wish they would have cited a source for that info.

thats inline with the saftey class...all about special ed   also hundreds of more general buses needed,.. the industry  cant handle what we have now,,,