!!!!! You guys across the bridge got som GM , you can keep him !!!

Started by 24yrs1181, March 22, 2015, 11:52:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

24yrs1181

It has come to my attention in speaking with a former coworker (we are now employed at different garages due to employment off the master list), that he had to go to a DOE hearing this past Thursday. Well, he was shocked to run into a former coworker of his from back in the day at Atlantic Express that had just left an appeals hearing. He was told by this worker, who shall go unnamed, that the GM of Pioneer Transportation drove a coworker of his to the appeals hearing
to testify on behalf of the company AGAINST him in an effort for him to be terminated! This is an OUTRAGE!!! I have NEVER heard of 2 union members testifying against each other. Where was the shop steward to prevent this outrage or the Delegate of their property? How about Jimmy Hedge, the VP of 1181 who was present at the hearing?

And ladies and gentlemen of 1181, is THIS the representation that our hard earned money is paying for???????? God help us!

PROUD MEMBER

24yrs1181
If this is true then obviosly we especially us at Pioneer should be told exactly what did and what did not happen. But what I would suggest to you (someone who states how much of a Union Man you are) is before posting something like this on this site or any site is to find out the facts first. Instead of posting I heard from this guy who heard from this guy that stated this guy and then say where was the shop steward (who by the way you know is Ernie) or where was the property's delegate or what did Jimmy Hedge do you should contact all 3 of them yourself and ask them. Then you could post something that is Factual and not Hearsay. If your heart is truly in the right place then do things the right way. On a personal note I do not know Michael, Jimmy or any of the Delegates but I do know Ernie and if the HEARSAY you stated turns out to be true either for some reason Ernie was unaware of it or if he was aware there had to be a reason which unlike you I will ask him myself.

Buzz

Quote from: 24yrs1181 on March 22, 2015, 11:52:33 PM
It has come to my attention in speaking with a former coworker (we are now employed at different garages due to employment off the master list), that he had to go to a DOE hearing this past Thursday. Well, he was shocked to run into a former coworker of his from back in the day at Atlantic Express that had just left an appeals hearing. He was told by this worker, who shall go unnamed, that the GM of Pioneer Transportation drove a coworker of his to the appeals hearing
to testify on behalf of the company AGAINST him in an effort for him to be terminated! This is an OUTRAGE!!! I have NEVER heard of 2 union members testifying against each other. Where was the shop steward to prevent this outrage or the Delegate of their property? How about Jimmy Hedge, the VP of 1181 who was present at the hearing?

And ladies and gentlemen of 1181, is THIS the representation that our hard earned money is paying for???????? God help us!

#1) The other driver was not testifying on behalf of the company. It is not the company who wanted the driver in question terminated. OPT decertified him.

#2) The other driver was COMPELLED by OPT to give her testimony. What's the difference how she got there?

#3) Nobody from the union could ever prevent OPT from having a hearing or demanding another driver appear ... and you know that damn well.

... But then, there would have been no point to your post if not to badmouth the union. Have fun.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz
I agree for the most part with the three reasons you give but just like I said to 24yrs1181 I'm not interested in Hearsay. I understand that OPT decertified him but how do you know that the company did not want the driver in question terminated? Also I understand that the other driver had to testify but you really don't think that it's a little odd to be driven to the hearing by the GM?

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on March 23, 2015, 07:17:05 PM
Buzz
I agree for the most part with the three reasons you give but just like I said to 24yrs1181 I'm not interested in Hearsay. I understand that OPT decertified him but how do you know that the company did not want the driver in question terminated? Also I understand that the other driver had to testify but you really don't think that it's a little odd to be driven to the hearing by the GM?

I guess I can't say for sure whether the company wanted him terminated, but look at it this way: You do not have to be decertified to be terminated from the company ... and so far that has not happened.

I'm sure the other driver was nervous enough about having to go up there in the first place. Should she have had to worry about how to get herself there and where to park too?

Buzz

I hasten to add: I do hope the driver gets off with just a suspension from both OPT and the company. I don't think what happened deserves losing one's job either by permanent decertification or company termination. Strictly my opinion.

Just_Right

Hey Buzz
I think you need to keep that asshole 24yrs 1181 off this site for good, put a ban on him. I think whatever happened is the driver's problem and no one else's. I also know that no one has to defend Jimmy Hedge Michael or Ernie. We all know their position and what they stand for and it certainly is for ALL members in 1181. This guy is talking as he always does out of his ass because he is against the union and the reason he is against the union is because he lost in the election.
AND I will add if you pay any attention to anything he posts there is no wonder why he lost. I don't care who he spoke to and who knew who it's all hearsay and if we want the details then we can all go to OPT and inquire. Until then he needs to shut his ass up from spitting out the shit he does.

Buzz

I really don't see any reason to ban somebody just because I don't agree with them. We're all aware of his bias, and let's face it, there is a small percentage of people in this company who never miss an opportunity to badmouth the union. They have nothing but ill to say about 1181 from Ernie on up. There are actually guys who still believe the union is under "mob control" ... the assholes don't realize that if it was we wouldn't be in the predicament we're in now. Let them have their fun.

Squid

Hey 24 yrs 1181, here's an idea for you. You worry about your side of the bridge and we'll take care of our side. :rolleyes:

wheresmymoney!

Quote from: Buzz on March 24, 2015, 12:14:37 AM
I hasten to add: I do hope the driver gets off with just a suspension from both OPT and the company. I don't think what happened deserves losing one's job either by permanent decertification or company termination. Strictly my opinion.

I agree 100%.

hognol

Why doesn't 24yrs1181 usually respond to everyone's responses to his posts?  I almost always see him post something and hardly ever respond to the thread he started.

PROUD MEMBER

Squid
I agree with you as far as taking care of our side of the bridge. Which to me since we all have separate contracts now means us at Pioneer. The only thing is are we taking care of our side of the bridge or are we just "shooting the shit" so to speak?