Big Meeting Today

Started by Buzz, November 13, 2015, 03:24:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I'm told the DOE called the union and contractors in for a big pow-wow this morning. I'm guessing this can only be a good thing as talks have not only stalled in previous meetings but actually went in reverse!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Squid

Eucerin

Rock Steady

You've got to love the transparency, and how they keep their members informed.

Buzz

Haven't talked to Ernie, but Andy said that there was a "lot of back-and-forth" and the meeting lasted all day ... into the early evening. Presumably they are making some kind of progress, but nothing firm yet. They are scheduled to all meet again tomorrow, Tuesday.

LMR

Any news on progress,if any at today's meeting.

Buzz

OK, the meeting was NOT with the city, but a federal mediator was present. Lasted all day again ... until 6:00 without making any meaningful progress. Michael has a conference call with the mayor's office again tomorrow. It's not looking good and although they're trying to avoid it ... at this point at least ... a strike seems almost inevitable.

The one thing to remember is, if and when we do get a contract WE have the final say as to whether or not to accept it.

yabba

when was our last raise ???and am i wrong in feeling our w2s  are down 10% over the last few years....  i would love to see how down all the other peoples w2s are ...

Goose623

Time to strike is NOW!! We cannot wait til January

Buzz

Quote from: Goose623 on November 18, 2015, 04:09:30 PM
Time to strike is NOW!! We cannot wait til January

Maybe, but there are a lot of people who might not be in favor of being on strike on Thanksgiving and Christmas... just saying.

Eucerin

what is the owner offering anything or just 0% or does he want concessions from the worker??

Bus driver

Andy and Erine should be in the office only!!!  Not the other drivers Helping out.

rc1790

It is time to have an off site union meeting with only Pioneer drivers.
In order to discuss our options and action to be taken.

LMR

Why can't we get an update on the content of the conversation between the union and Neil so we have some clue of what's happening in these meetings.We're in the dark

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on November 18, 2015, 04:43:15 PM
what is the owner offering anything or just 0% or does he want concessions from the worker??

No, just doesn't want to give ANYTHING back and 1% ... so, basically NOTHING.