New General Election

Started by John Eadicicco, September 23, 2016, 10:47:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Eadicicco

In the NYPD if a delegate ever walked out of a hearing refusing to represent a MOS he would not be a delegate too much longer! The current leadership of 1181 is lacking in it's representation of it's members! I myself went into 3 hearings in the last 5 years alone without representation and came out unscathed each time!

hognol

If in fact we have to pay 50% into our medical, Pioneer will lose many drivers. Pioneer can't even retain/hire new drivers because of the low pay and crappy benefits.

yabba

we have to pay starting next school year 50% of whatever the actuaries feel is needed to keep the welfare fund alive..oh wait im sorry the bosses pay the first $3.00 and then its 50/50.... so if 400.00 a month is needed per member,bosses pay 203.00 and we pay 197.00.. plus the 100.00 a month we pay now...  it was in black and white in the last and final offer contract 1181 put in front of us to vote on...   considering the welfare fund was bankrupt as of the days before the contract vote,and no increases was put into effect in the new contract,its safe to say we are screwed....  :crazy: :crazy:.. also the bosses will continue to pay whatever they are paying now also.. somewhere around 1000.00 a month...

Grrr

Buzz

Facts? These were the first "facts" you gave us, John:

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 25, 2016, 01:49:00 AM
A shop steward at Boro Transit had a bus on bus accident (No damage whatsoever, a brother member ratted the shop steward out to management) a hearing was held attended by Vin Buttaro who suggested to the GM of Boro to fire the shop steward. The GM thought the punishment was too harsh so the driver was suspended for 5 days. GREAT representation by our delegation!

Now you give us this version of the "facts":

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 27, 2016, 04:58:29 PM
Then at his hearing ( as told to me by the shop steward) Vin Buttaro walked out of his hearing and said " I cannot represent this piece of crap" and said to the GM "whatever you gotta do.... do it" GM asked he be terminated and Robin who was also in hearing said the violation did not warrant termination and suggested 5 day suspension. Facts.... Barry..... Facts! He received 5 days!

So, first it was Vinny who wanted the guy fired, now it was the GM. Quite a flip-flop. And that he got 5 days was never in question. That seems to be the only "fact" you got right.

Now let me give you some real facts obtained directly from Robin: Both Robin and Vinny were at the hearing. At some point, the hearing officer asked for the shop steward to be taken out of the room because he wanted to make a call to HR. Vinny left the room WITH THE SHOP STEWARD. (He did NOT walk out saying he was not going to represent him. He accompanied the guy out of the room like a gentleman.) Robin remained in the room with the hearing officer. Robin got a concession on a 5 day suspension.

Those are what you call FACTS.

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 27, 2016, 04:58:29 PM
So let me get this straight Barry....................With your thinking (actually 1181 really) EVERY shop steward should push the agenda of 1181 even if it goes against the majority of the membership beliefs? A no vote is a strike vote according to you and 1181. No going back to the negotiating table in ALL INSTANCES...........................even with our jobs on the line? And ABSOLUTELY NO INPUT FROM THE RANK AND FILE ON THE ISSUES!
John, you're running for a seat on the EB and you don't think you have to support the position of the local? Seriously? A shop steward is just as much an officer of the local. How could you even ask a question like that?

For the upteenth time ... yes, a NO vote is a STRIKE vote ... especially when the owner virtually CHALLENGES the shop steward to go on strike.

No input from the rank and file? Weren't we all handed sheets to fill out as to what we wanted addressed in negotiations? It did not come with a guarantee that they would be granted, but we DID have input.

Quote from: John Eadicicco on September 27, 2016, 04:58:29 PMThe Shop Steward at Boro told the members of his company that he believed that this was not a good contract!!!!!!!!!!! So Cordiello wanted him removed from the property..........

If this is what the guy is telling you he must be delusional. Michael did not want him removed and no EB member has and knowledge of him being against the contract.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.