Started by Buzz, January 09, 2011, 01:45:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

An avatar is a little picture that appears under your name on the forum. There are 2 ways you can get an avatar.

Either way, do this first: Click on Profile >> Modify Profile >> Forum Profile

First Way: Choose from gallery
Two galleries came with the message board, Actors and Musicians. I just added Sports Teams. Make requests for avatars to be added to these categories in a reply to this message and I'll add them as long as I can find them. I don't intend to add more categories ... the pictures in the gallery are on this website's server and take up space so I want to keep it minimal. (Plus they have to be added one-by-one ... very time consuming.)

If you have a picture of your own that you want to use, send it to me and I'll crop it, if necessary, resize it and upload it for you.

Second Way: Specify URL
If you find a picture on the web that you want to use, all you have to do is enter the address a.k.a. location a.k.a. URL.

If you're using Firefox, right-click on the picture and select View Image Info. Copy the "Location" and paste it into your profile.
If you're using IE, right-click and select Properties. Copy the "Address" and paste it into your profile.

For best results, the pictures you choose should be square ... same width and height ... because they will be resized to 60 x 60 pixels automatically when they appear here. Also, please, don't use animations ... they can be distracting to readers.

Here's a good site to use with the "Second Way" ...
http://www.avatarsplus.com/main.php

Have Fun!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.