Credit Union Election

Started by Buzz, May 17, 2011, 01:31:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

There will be an election of credit union officers on Wednesday, May 18 between 6:30 and 9:30 p.m. at St. Jerome's Church, 455 E. 29 Street in Brooklyn. You must belong to the credit union to vote ... make every effort to do so, Eddie asks.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Two buses will be going from the yard ... express to the polling place (no stops). Be at the yard at 5:00.

Buzz

Well, no nominations and no election. Members for Change, who make up the credit union committee, are up to their dirty tricks again. Warren Zaugg, seeing that they were seriously outnumbered with the people who attended, looked for any excuse not to hold a meeting.

First he delayed the meeting for over a half-hour saying he was waiting for other committee members to show up. When Ernie protested and told him to get the meeting underway, Zaugg seized the opportunity to make Ernie the scapegoat and ran out of the building saying he felt "threatened" by Ernie. Curiously, he had someone summon Ernie outside so he could talk to him. (And, surprise ... that's were Ed Decay was hanging out, no doubt having a hand in the choreography.) How "threatened" could he have felt if he asked for Ernie? He told Ernie he was canceling the meeting because people were out of control (they were not), and got in his car and left.

They knew they were going to lose 2 positions on the committee, so they just didn't allow an election! Unbelievable! (And I'm sure The Chief will have a totally different version of this evening. To make for an even better story, another a-hole called the cops and said a riot was in progress even though almost everybody was in their vehicles/buses and leaving ... and there was quite a large police response.)

What happens next, I'm not sure. Possibly a mail-in ballot. Members for "Change" are very much "unchanged" ... still morons.

Buzz

Got this e-mail from a member who wishes to remain anonymous:

"I just read your post on your website.  I was a freaking free for all.  Warren Zaugg is an ass.  He crapped his pants when he saw the turnout.  That idiot Eddie Kay calls the cops to tell them theres a riot going on.  There wasn't a riot, absolutly crazy.  Warren only knows how to boss around the poor woman in the Credit Union and has no balls against men."

So I guess the other "a-hole" who called the cops was Ed Decay ... and that descriptions fits perfectly. In fact, I went to Google Images and typed in "a$$hole" and this is what came up ...

"Somebody call 9-1-1 ... "

J.T.

went last night i think they are all assholes,and you are so right no balls.

mirrorcheck

I hate to say what playbook(not holding an election) that comes right out of. Moving forward I still dont see how an election gets cancelled just for this reason,a (it seems) a trumped up reason to an eventual loss. I cant say I havent seen this in the past,and in other places as well....and it wont be the last time you see it.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

It was an act of desperation. They know they've shot their load and have no chance at the union local election, so they're trying by whatever means possible to keep control of the credit union. But in time, they'll all be replaced there too because people are finally wising up to their buffoonery.

mirrorcheck

I just hope the people that took time to go and didnt get the chance to vote dont get disgruntled and go back and finish this off the right way.This stall tactic shouldnt be a win for them .....hopefully they just delayed the inevitable!   They would have surely made sure that election went off had they known they had a slam dunk,disgusting!
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on May 20, 2011, 01:43:25 AMThey would have surely made sure that election went off had they known they had a slam dunk,disgusting!

Yep ... that's how they got in 3 years ago when it was mostly all them present.

Buzz

I pass along this letter I received, apparently sent to the credit union:

"Dear Credit Union and Union Members,

I felt I needed to write this letter after the credit union meeting on Wednesday May 18th. Let's start at the beginning, the location of this meeting was a desperate act by Eddie Kay and members for change to avoid having all credit union members attend the meeting. The confusion started at 7:09 PM, and we still were not in the meeting room. A concerned member went inside and was able to get the back door open which led to the meeting room.

At this time, people funneled in, some having to desperately use the bathrooms (which were gross by the way). At this point, still no credit union official had been on the scene. At approximately 7:15 one official, I believe his name was Sal Cirillo, showed up at the meeting and stated "this is not the meeting place". We then proceeded to exit the building, but before we all got out Mr. Cirillo came back and told us this actually was the meeting place. This leads me to believe, that no one came to see exactly where the meeting was to take place prior to the meeting. After much stalling Mr. Cirillo tried to start the meeting but without having a microphone or bullhorn no one was able to hear much of anything. Then entered Mr. Zaugg who walked straight into the bathroom with his phone in his hand, and did not address anyone in the room; obviously he was getting direction from Eddie Kay.

At the time, Mr. Zaugg tried to take over the meeting, and there was some verbal confrontation which was caused by frustration due to the meeting not starting on time, it was now approximately twenty five minutes after the meeting was supposed to begin. After the verbal confrontation, things quieted down and nominations started to take place for the election. Then this suddenly stopped and we were told we were waiting for Mr. Zaugg to return who left the building after the verbal confrontation. I have attended every nomination meeting in recent years, and there have been verbal confrontations and sometimes physical threats in almost every single meeting, but all of those meetings have carried on and votes were counted. Eddie Kay and members for change made it very obvious that there would be no voting tonight. Mr. Zaugg never returned, and we were told there was going to be no election this evening.

For a group, Eddie Kay and members for change, that is supposed to be so diplomatic this was clearly a dictatorship led by Eddie Kay and carried out by Mr. Zaugg and members for change. This cannot and should not be tolerated by our membership. If there is one thing I have to say, they made it perfectly clear to everyone in that room there would not be an election that night because they did not have the numbers. We, as union members, should put an end to this nonsense once and for all. We need to get rid of members for change once and for all. They are not union friendly, they are union dividers. It's time for this to end. I don't know if the lies are out there yet about what happened, but I am sure they will come. This is really what happened; this is the truth.

Straight Up

p.s I do support the Cordiello slate which has seen many meetings with confrontation and sometimes threats of violence, but President Cordiello has always dealt with it, with respect and dignity, and invites anyone up after the meetings to resolve anything that was not dealt with during the meeting."