GPSs on all buses by Sept. 5?

Started by Buzz, August 14, 2019, 01:50:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

GMC JOE

I agree from what I been hearing and seeing on the news
In God We Trust

sbdriver1

What difference does it make. They probably won't work anyway

Buzz

PROUD MEMBER

Rumor has it that the BOE wants every driver to do TWO dry runs BEFORE school starts. So be prepared to do it Mon., Tue. or Wed. (Sept.2nd-4th) since that is a guaranteed week. But now that I think of it it's not guaranteed for "new hires". So I don't know if they can be forced to do it before school starts. That's a Union decision. Like I said it's only a rumor that I heard. I'm sure if it's true Andy will inform us at the Refresher Course.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 23, 2019, 01:39:42 PM
Rumor has it that the BOE wants every driver to do TWO dry runs BEFORE school starts. So be prepared to do it Mon., Tue. or Wed. (Sept.2nd-4th) since that is a guaranteed week. But now that I think of it it's not guaranteed for "new hires". So I don't know if they can be forced to do it before school starts. That's a Union decision. Like I said it's only a rumor that I heard. I'm sure if it's true Andy will inform us at the Refresher Course.

Did you ever know a rumor at Pioneer NOT to be true?  ;D ;D ;D

My info is that we have to do "a" dry run. Shouldn't be a problem for most being we're going back to our old run and have done many, many REAL runs ... LOL.

Also, stop thinking so much.  ;D ;D ;D

Buzz

GPSs are being installed in regular ed buses at Pioneer NOW. They're not like the ones on special ed buses that we were given a class on a couple of years ago. No screens, no info for us to enter. Actually, I'm told we won't even see them.

From what I've read and been told, they will transmit location and mechanical info to OPT (and eventually Pioneer). But the systems they're installing this year will be replaced with new ones next year that will work with an app parents can have on their phones. (Money is no object ... LOL.)

rc1790

Buzz, will you be posting a bus list when it comes out?

yabba

I hope they have enough drivers.   We can't show OPT how the work is covered they will see and can bite us in the ass

Buzz

Quote from: rc1790 on August 23, 2019, 04:40:36 PM
Buzz, will you be posting a bus list when it comes out?

Sure will ... when (and if) Bobby gives it to me.

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on August 23, 2019, 09:10:25 PM
I hope they have enough drivers.   We can't show OPT how the work is covered they will see and can bite us in the ass

Good point. I don't know, but I doubt they'll be tracking 6,000 buses everyday. I think it's mostly for routes that are running late or parents are calling and complaining about. Just my opinion.

faceit

All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

I like thinking of my Brothers & Sisters. How would you like to come in on a day that you're not getting paid for and go out and do your morning & afternoon run not only once but possibly twice?

Air_Brakes

Yeah it bit somebody in the ass that didn't deserve it and look what happened to him

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 24, 2019, 01:15:30 AM
I like thinking of my Brothers & Sisters. How would you like to come in on a day that you're not getting paid for and go out and do your morning & afternoon run not only once but possibly twice?

OMG! Stop being so serious. It was an off the cuff remark. Sheesh! Lighten up!