Shop Steward Elections Week of June 20

Started by Buzz, May 31, 2011, 02:38:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Nominations for shop steward can be submitted during the week of June 13. Elections will be held during the following week (w/o 6/20).

Apparently, on the site of a contending slate whose campaign was based on lies and fabrications, someone posted that Michael canceled shop steward elections. Michael has neither the desire (why would he?) nor the authority to cancel elections. Any imbecile knows that.

Well ... almost any.  :wave:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Just_Right

Let's face it. Do we REALLY need to vote on this one??

We already know who does the job the best!!! Why Change it?

My vote is for Ernie all the way!

Buzz

Squid

mirrorcheck

Just Right,thats a great point.....though lets entertain freedom of choice,allow whomever wants to challenge give it there best shot.....and let the process be fair (as is always the case)so that when Ernie and Andy win in a landslide there will be no doubt  and no one can complain. That proportion is so tilted from the effort and job they do and put in daily.
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Just_Right

mirrorcheck you are absolutely  right. Everyone has the right to vote of their choice,that's why we have freedom in this country to do as we all please. However,as I look around I don't see any who can compare or do better than Ernie and Andy.So as I said my Vote is for Ernie and Andy.

mirrorcheck

Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

If I recall correctly, the last election was a landslide of about 80% for Ernie. I'd be willing to bet it would be even more today. The odd thing is that it's many of the 20% who didn't vote for him that Ernie's had to do the most for.

Go figure.  :shrug:

Air_Brakes

That position is a thankless spot.  Everbody always needs something (including myself), and it is not until that point when they're really appreciated.  I'm not talking about big needs either, because it's the little things that are appreciated most.  Also something to remember is that Ernie was out for some time, due to illness,  and Andy was bombarded with things.  His easy going style and experience in handling things makes that team hard to beat.  Their box is definitely checked.  :thumbup:

terminator

Buzz...thats so true about the 20%...LOL
ERNIE AND ANDY ALL THE WAY!!!

mirrorcheck

Very true ......it is a "thankless"spot. I know both Ernie and Andy do this job well and they go way beyond what they could ever be compensated for. There job isnt close to being easy and Ernie and Andy make a great team. Its a pleasure and honor to know they have our backs no matter what the case.....they do whatever it takes. What more can you say or do that would change the 20%  and there views????and there mind??????.Also that 20% is probably in the low teens and single digits for this next election!