POLL: Return to Work vs. Summer Accrual

Started by Buzz, July 03, 2020, 01:54:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whenever schools starts in the fall, if we have not received our summer accrual prior to that date, would you:

Be willing to go on STRIKE
14 (66.7%)
Go to work anyway
7 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Buzz

Posted upon request. Please note: This is completely anonymous.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Hammer2161

I for one will return to work. These are trying times and I am hopeful the DOE and PIONEER will do the right thing.

OMG

The summer accrual is one thing, but to also not receive the opt out money is a real punch in the gut! That is one thing that really benefits Neil and that is something that should've been set aside for the employees. That's like lending somebody money, and when it comes time to get paid back, they say "fuck you you ain't getting it."

Buzz

Why is it that this has been read nearly 100 times yet only 11 votes so far? I want to send the results to the union as a strong indication of the mindset out there. I'm not saying this will determine their course of action (which would ultimately be up to us) but this is your chance to make your opinion count. VOTE!

Believe me, this is even more anonymous that when you cast a paper ballot in the drivers room.

VOTE!!

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

WigWag16

Quote from: Buzz on July 04, 2020, 02:43:59 AM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 04, 2020, 02:19:26 AM
Return to work

You vote up top ... surprised to hear you say that.

A way to keep the runs the way they are without doing extreme social distancing is leave the amount of kids on the bus the way they were. Think about it, if a mask stops the spread just have all the kids wear a mask on the bus. Why create havoc by having us do multiple runs OR the same run two times if they want to have kids every other seat which would cause two trips for the same run. All I know is that we as a company can't sit back, we need to take action for our safety which includes plexiglas and PPE. If the MTA can do it so can we. Get the mechanics in the yard and start putting them in. We have from now until September so we are at least ready. As I stated before this can't be put together last minute on our end.

WigWag16

For example I have 3 schools in the afternoon.....Jewish school 8 kids I can do that in one shot. Another school 13 kids possibly done in one shot....another school 22 kids. That's gotta be done in two trips? Who's to decide who goes on the first group. Also in the AM run, 22 kids, who's two say which 11-13 get on the bus first. Runs are going to be adjusted big time and going to be a headache. Just let it be known all kids wear a mask so the runs aren't hitting a dramatic change.

PROUD MEMBER

I believe that the MTA is installing curtains not plexiglass. Obviously on the school bus our safety and the children's safety is the number priority which it has been since the school bus was invented and not to make light of this Pandemic (especially me bc I'm cautious as can be) but if we use our common sense the chances of catching this Virus is probably less than catching anything else. After all we are Professional Drivers. I seriously doubt that the BOE is going to say no more than 11 or even 22 children on the bus. If they want to be that cautious (nothing wrong with that), then they would make more runs with less kids on the bus. I doubt that they would leave runs with 22 or more children and leave it up to the contractors to split up. To much chaos. The MTA doesn't limit the amount of passengers on the buses (as of now) and I would assume the chances of catching the virus are much more on an MTA bus as opposed to a School bus. Only time will tell.
Happy 4th to All
God Bless

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 04, 2020, 07:40:47 PM
After all we are Professional Drivers. I seriously doubt that the BOE is going to say no more than 11 or even 22 children on the bus.

I don't think being professional drivers makes us less susceptible to catching the virus. The number 22 is what the DOE suggested in their survey as to whether a parent would feel comfortable putting their child on a bus with that number of children.

GMC JOE

All monies due to us paid then ready for work
In God We Trust

faceit

Quote from: Buzz on July 06, 2020, 10:20:53 AM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 04, 2020, 07:40:47 PM
After all we are Professional Drivers. I seriously doubt that the BOE is going to say no more than 11 or even 22 children on the bus.

I don't think being professional drivers makes us less susceptible to catching the virus. The number 22 is what the DOE suggested in their survey as to whether a parent would feel comfortable putting their child on a bus with that number of children.
💯
All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

It will be what it will be. The Governor & the Mayor also said no gathering of more than 50 people (I think that was the number) yet they literally let HUNDREDS & THOUSANDS of protesters gather in the streets of NYC for weeks. If it's 11 or 22 then (in my opinion) when the runs come out before school starts they will have to show 11 or 22 on the run.
On top of the already shortage of drivers. Contractors and/or drivers will have to figure out how to break runs up. Which leads to what children get picked up and which children get passed up. To much confusion, to many children left at stops for hours and to many parents cursing!