Unemployment Year Date Answer

Started by WigWag16, July 28, 2020, 03:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheresmymoney!

They really need to straighten this out now!!

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on July 31, 2020, 05:03:35 PM
Holy crap! After reading all this I'm sure not looking forward to opening my book on the 10th!

im the week after...im going to put 4-30-2020 as last day worked.... what is your opion..

PROUD MEMBER

Opinion on what?
The date?
If so, 4/30/20 is the date. Why would you lie put anything else? That's the last day you worked

yabba

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on July 31, 2020, 08:16:54 PM
Opinion on what?
The date?
If so, 4/30/20 is the date. Why would you lie put anything else? That's the last day you worked

i agree..... some guys are thinking 3-13-   that was last behind the wheel but we were paid till 4-30 excluding easter week.

WigWag

Does it really matter what date we put in ...e- mail says it going to take 3-6 weeks for the money ...ugh

Hammer2161

I don't know if using 3/13/20 as your last day worked would matter because it's a new claim. But some drivers tried using that date when they started to claim instead of 4/30/20 as the last day. They did get caught and had to pay back any money paid prior to the last day they were actually paid. So I would just use 4/30/20. 

WigWag16

Quote from: WigWag on July 31, 2020, 08:30:16 PM
Does it really matter what date we put in ...e- mail says it going to take 3-6 weeks for the money ...ugh

Where does it say that? I've heard people getting their money a week after opening up a new claim but also heard people getting it delayed

steady

I don't understand the confusion among the members.  We were on payroll salary with pioneer through April 30th. We all paid payroll taxes, social security and pension deductions.  When we file they will see it in their system.  We were then furloughed May 1st.  Last day worked April 30th. 

LMR

Last day worked 4/30/2020.Reason for layoff -Lack of work!

answerman

I put down April 30th as last day worked when opening new claim. For whatever reason It backdates the book to April with the expiration of May 2021. Then when you certify the claim online because it shows that the book was opened in April 2020  it says there was a break in claim. Now if you you get through to a live body they tell you everything looks ok. Also different people were told different things but I have not heard of anyone with this problem despite what they were told get there benefits since opening new book. I have not been able to get anybody for 2 1/2 days now. Online it continues to tell me that I certified for the week and as of this date they are continuing to work on my application. All is good don't call us we will call you if there is a problem. 

WigWag16

Quote from: answerman on July 31, 2020, 10:43:46 PM
I put down April 30th as last day worked when opening new claim. For whatever reason It backdates the book to April with the expiration of May 2021. Then when you certify the claim online because it shows that the book was opened in April 2020  it says there was a break in claim. Now if you you get through to a live body they tell you everything looks ok. Also different people were told different things but I have not heard of anyone with this problem despite what they were told get there benefits since opening new book. I have not been able to get anybody for 2 1/2 days now. Online it continues to tell me that I certified for the week and as of this date they are continuing to work on my application. All is good don't call us we will call you if there is a problem.

But I just checked our pay statement and the last check from Pioneer was May 8th, so yeah we did get furloughed April 30th BUT our last check was May 8th

faceit

Dated may 8th but  it's for the week before. That's how we always get paid
All lives matter

answerman

check is a week behind. Your last day you were payed for is April 30th. Your last check was payed on May 8th and we claimed week ending May 10th.

WigWag16

Quote from: answerman on August 01, 2020, 12:35:07 AM
check is a week behind. Your last day you were payed for is April 30th. Your last check was payed on May 8th and we claimed week ending May 10th.

Gotcha so when I open my new claim on 8-17 I'll put down 4/30 last day of work

answerman

yes. Maybe you might want to try to open the book by phone. If you can get through. You might fair better then some of us have.