Unemployment Year Date Answer

Started by WigWag16, July 28, 2020, 03:17:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag16

Quote from: WigWag on August 06, 2020, 02:20:27 PM
I had an error in my claim date and called ...got thru and use the option to get call back when it's your turn ....DONT do that they never call you back just stay on the phone on hold. I was on hold for One Hour and talked to the supervisor and was told don't open a new book just keep on claiming for your week cause it was extended. Supervisor corrected the date cause when I went back to Unemployment page online it was corrected.I hope this helps people who books are ending soon.

So my file ends 8/16. So I call them 8-17 to extend my claim that's already open ?

wheresmymoney!

So basically just proceed as if benefit year has not expired and keep claiming right?

Hammer2161

Unfortunately it appears that when your year end date is up you will have to take the chance and see if the date updates on its own due to the extensions or we will have to invest some time and wait on the phone line like it appears a lot of others have had to do. This is still a shit show at best but hopefully the system is working itself out.

WigWag

According to the level 3 supervisor just keep on certifying claim don"t open a new book cause it was extended.

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag on August 06, 2020, 04:54:12 PM
According to the level 3 supervisor just keep on certifying claim don"t open a new book cause it was extended.

I hope he gave you the right info. Worse comes to worse, if you don't open a new book and aren't able to "Claim weekly benefits" come that Sunday, we'll have to call and they can open a new claim and back date it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

rc1790

I already posted that. There is a 13 week extension. If those 13 weeks aren't extended by the State, then you would open a new book. I also spoke with a supervisor. 

Hammer2161

There are two extensions in place not one. There are 13 weeks under The Cares Act and then an additional 20 weeks provided by New York State. They are both mentioned in the letter everyone should have gotten on July 24th.