Cuomo

Started by PROUD MEMBER, August 07, 2020, 06:08:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Well it's official. The Governor has given his okay. So apparently public schools will be reopening on September 10 unless and God forbid there is a spike in the virus before then. I would assume by the last week of August at the very latest we will know exactly what the story is with school busing.

WigWag16

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 07, 2020, 06:08:16 PM
Well it's official. The Governor has given his okay. So apparently public schools will be reopening on September 10 unless and God forbid there is a spike in the virus before then. I would assume by the last week of August at the very latest we will know exactly what the story is with school busing.

This is a big first step. Now it's up to the districts to come up with the plans. He wasn't specific in anything bedsides saying they can open now it's up to the districts to come up with plans with teachers and parents regarding remote learning, contract tracing, testing etc. Also
Big difference in saying they can open to they will be opening.

Hammer2161

That is a huge relief and hopefully we all get to return to work come September. For once the powers that be did not let there egos get in the way. Bravo !!!!

WigWag16

Quote from: Hammer2161 on August 07, 2020, 06:13:05 PM
That is a huge relief and hopefully we all get to return to work come September. For once the powers that be did not let there egos get in the way. Bravo !!!!

All school districts will be required to post their reopening plan including how confirmed COVID-19 cases will be handled online by Aug. 14.

The five largest school districts including New York City will be required to host five information sessions with parents to discuss the reopening plan by Aug. 21. A separate session with teachers and administrators will also be required.

"They have to be comfortable. You don't want to get into a legal battle about it," said Cuomo.

Buzz

Well, he did say it would largely be up to parents and teachers. With demonstrations like this, I just don't know ... https://gothamist.com/news/teachers-and-parents-march-against-nycs-plan-reopen-schools
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

BTW, today is supposedly the last day that parents have to register their kids for 100% remote learning. If that turns out to be a significant number I don't think there will be in-school classes for anyone. My understanding is that they will need teachers in the classroom and teachers for remote classes. May not be feasible to do both. Where are they going to get all these teachers?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

yabba

Quote from: Buzz on August 07, 2020, 07:22:10 PM
BTW, today is supposedly the last day that parents have to register their kids for 100% remote learning. If that turns out to be a significant number I don't think there will be in-school classes for anyone. My understanding is that they will need teachers in the classroom and teachers for remote classes. May not be feasible to do both. Where are they going to get all these teachers?

i heard there was plenty of teachers that did absolutely no remote teaching...basically would do a tutoring type remote learning  one on one...and that was very few... there is a lot of waste within the teachers that actually never see the inside of the classroom... so if the city starts making the teachers be accountable problem solved...but again they also have a strong union

faceit

That must be nice having a strong union
All lives matter

LMAO

That's as of today tomorrow is another story You are giving way to much credit to those useless Democratic politicians  ! Don't hold your breathe