Safety

Started by LMAO, August 28, 2020, 03:44:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMAO

I don't know if I missed it  but has anyone spoke about our safety when we return to work ? While this virus has a 99% recovery rate  I for one don't want it , what is  PIONEER along with our UNION doing to keep the DRIVERS  safe?  I see the office is now Fort Knox So their all safe inside, but just like the teachers we need to have  a plan other than spraying a unknown disinfectant and throwing Items left on our bus in the garbage  ...There was plenty of time to have a one   , And keep everyone safe because for me I heard It all  before during  9/11 ....."THE AIR QUALITY IS GOOD"    !!!!!( bull shit ) ,I take no ones word when it's  comes to my safety  . While everyone wants to get back to work don't go in blindly and most of all be SAFE  if not for you For your family  ,God Bless !!

OMG

As far as I've heard, do you only thing they've done is clean the buses and throw out the trash that was left on it. I don't believe any safety measures were added to the bus, I E; plexiglass around the driver, plastic around the driver compartment, nothing. I said it before, before they hand me Is a pair of gloves and a mask I'm not gonna be happy. Especially seeing as though the dispatch office is like Fort Knox, and they don't want you to stay on the property. Once the buses leave the yard they do not want anyone back for their safety, not yours. Again, nothing was done to the busses

WigWag16

At my refresher on Tuesday, Owen said as far as safety protocols we have non because OPT hasn't told Pioneer or the union anything. Also to his knowledge we can't just put plexiglass or curtains up without OPT approval or that will be a violation. Also stated the mechanics are gassing up all of the buses as well as hosing down the inside of the bus and running them through the bus wash.

OMG

Well, I don't know if OPT has noticed, but times have changed. We can't go into a Home Depot or a 7-Eleven or even a small mom and pop lottery store without having plexiglass between us and the cashier. And as far as a violation is concerned there is no such animal, they're  blowing smoke up his ass. Is there a plexiglass wrapped around the dispatch office? The answer is yes. Do you think any drivers are matrons are allowed on the dispatch office if we go back to work? The answer is no. The only way will communicate with dispatch is through a little hole and plexiglass, I as a  driver want the same treatment, I want to feel just as safe. Do you think any of us will be called up to OPT for a violation? I don't think so, not without the inspectors desk being wrapped around plexiglass or a plastic curtain. Fuck them, it's life and death. And if The death rate was really that low, why aren't we eating inside a restaurant and why aren't gyms open to full capacity. I don't want to hear we can't do it there's too many buses, get it done that's only an excuse. They've had since March

Buzz

Well, LMAO and OMG, I'm glad to see other share my concerns. Some consider it negative thinking and on Facebook I've been told by one of US to just use "common sense" and that if I didn't know what to do I should just hang it up.

And there definitely should be some kind of barrier around the driver. It could even be something as simple as a clear plastic heavy-duty shower liner.

I'm not unsympathetic to members who are really up against it financially and will go back to work under any conditions, but their problems will even be worse if they get sick.

That's "common sense" my friend ... and you know who you are.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

Same here buzz. I for one I'm not getting a city pension and have no other income. My wife has a small job bringing in a little bit of money but that's it. It's a struggle! But as I said, if all they do is hand me a para gloves and a mask and spray a little holy water on my head, that is unacceptable. Like you said, a shower curtain or some clear plastic drop cloth that you could pick up at Home Depot might do. I can't believe they haven't done anything yet. I'm not buying the violation bullshit about a plastic curtain around the driver. Isn't there a meeting today with the union?

LMAO

Everyone need to understand as Proud member stated on another  thread they look at us as the bottom of the barrel  and as long as we allow it are safety will always be put last . Who is are OSHA ( Occupational safety and health administration ) coordinator at Pioneer these will be questions for them to answer not OPT And what they think, !  OSHA  are federal laws that  protect workers In the work place 
Buzz  I'm  sure everyone agrees with you and your concerns. on this matter and with  lack of leadership in NY we need to be diligent In Keeping ourselves out of harms way   ..........as always  be safe

sbdriver1

The union has to step it up and tell us what's going on with the buses. What are they doing to make us safe.also with many kids remote learning,are we going to lose a lot of runs and be laid off? Also are general Ed still being bussed. I was also told on Facebook to be positive and have common sense. 

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on August 28, 2020, 05:36:16 PM
... and spray a little holy water on my head ...

LMAO!

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on August 28, 2020, 05:56:52 PM
Everyone need to understand as Proud member stated on another  thread they look at us as the bottom of the barrel  and as long as we allow it are safety will always be put last .

If left to OPT, any protection WE get will only be incidental to whatever they do to protect the kids.

Buzz

Quote from: LMAO on August 28, 2020, 05:56:52 PM
Buzz  I'm  sure everyone agrees with you and your concerns.

No, not everybody.

But as long as YOU do, who give a fuck!  ;D ;D ;D

OMG

Well, in 20 minutes I'm taking a ride to Home Depot, I'm buying heavy duty plastic drop cloth and a couple of rolls of duct tape and maybe even gorilla glue, And if necessary I'll put up my own protective barrier. And if I get a violation I swear as God is my witness I will take that violation and shove it up everyone's ass. No one else but me has the right to put my life at risk

Air_Brakes

1181=crickets.  Horrible

faceit

All lives matter