An Important Message from Ernie

Started by Buzz, September 19, 2020, 05:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I know some of you complain about the perceived lack of communication from the union and having to get news from me (or others) but I just spoke to Ernie and this guy is beyond exhausted so he asked me to relay these messages.

#1) Everybody is getting paid as we were told for last week. 100% for Monday and Tuesday, 85% for the remaining 3 days.

#2) People who are not scheduled to work next week may be called by Pioneer to cover a run. YOU WILL GET ONLY A DAY'S PAY at 100% if you go in to work. There will be no additional pay.

#3) Runs are being reconfigured by OPT right now ... through the weekend ... to try to achieve social distancing. Therefore, everyone will have to come in Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to do dry runs all over again. You will be paid 100% for those days. (Two days of dry runs and one day of  additional training.)

#4) We should get our accrual and opt out money by Sept. 27

#5) IF YOU ARE NOT SURE IF YOU ARE WORKING NEXT WEEK, CALL THE OFFICE!!
People will be in the office Saturday and Sunday.

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

Soooo if I'm not working Monday and Friday can I do my dry runs those days? How soon can we start the dry runs ?

OMG

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on September 19, 2020, 06:01:29 PM
Soooo if I'm not working Monday and Friday can I do my dry runs those days? How soon can we start the dry runs ?

From what we're told right now it's going to be between Wednesday and Friday. Doubt they'll be ready before then. We'll get more details about this during the week.

wheresmymoney!

So just double checking unless we get a call we dont go in monday  and Tuesday?

Buzz

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on September 19, 2020, 08:20:10 PM
So just double checking unless we get a call we dont go in monday  and Tuesday?

Correct ... but what schools do you do?

OMG

So if I don't get a call to Go in Monday or Tuesday, I gotta go in Wednesday, Thursday & Friday for dry runs ?

Buzz

Quote from: OMG on September 19, 2020, 09:11:42 PM
So if I don't get a call to Go in Monday or Tuesday, I gotta go in Wednesday, Thursday & Friday for dry runs ?

Yes, but no exact schedule yet.

OMG

And if we don't go in Monday or Tuesday are we getting 85%?

Golfnut

Shouldn't OPT have thought of this before making us do Dry runs Last week ? Nobody at OPT had any inclination that the runs needed to be reconfigured ? What a waste !

Buzz

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on September 19, 2020, 09:59:39 PM
Shouldn't OPT have thought of this before making us do Dry runs Last week ? Nobody at OPT had any inclination that the runs needed to be reconfigured ? What a waste !

They can't think of everything;D ;D ;D ;D

GMC JOE

Buzz they can't think of anything ! Period  >:(
In God We Trust

WigWag

Quote from: Golfnut on September 19, 2020, 09:59:39 PM

Not a waste ....we got paid  ;D