School dismissal times

Started by hideout, September 29, 2020, 11:33:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hideout

How can my pm pick up time from my route sheet be so off the time the school dismissed the students. Arrived for a 2:50 out, as per my route sheet, and the aide said the students have been waiting since 1:45 dismissal. How can opt and the schools not be on the same page? Is anyone competent over there?

yabba

most of the school seem to be getting out within 15 minutes of each other...  it looks like kids are going to have to wait..i cant see how opt can accomodate all the different school times...

WigWag16

I told my second PM school I'll try and get to them for 1:50 Like they want if my first school becomes official at 1:20, if not then I'll be there at 2:45 not 1:50 and he said ok. I told him I gotta go by the run sheet and he understood. I only went there for 1:50 today because I had no other PM schools today.  They said they put the time changes in for OPT Friday but nothing has been official yet. My run sheet has my first PM at 2 and my second at 2:45 so clearly if I'm picking up my first school at 2, the second school has to wait till 2:45

Buzz

You see, these schools operate like they're the only school you do. (One of you said they put the time changes in Friday ... LOL! And they expected it to be changed by today?) They just change times at will and think *POOF* ... the bus has to be there. They're not getting changed anytime soon unless the principal has a lot of clout up there. Bobby had told me a while back that OPT is not accepting ANY time changes right now.

So, look ... If your FIRST afternoon school is getting out earlier, you should have no problem accommodating them. Then you get to your next school whenever. Nothing you can do, not your problem. (You don't have to call in a late report if you get to the next school by the time on your run sheet.) It's between the school and OPT. 

Same thing in the morning. If you can't make your second school on time because your first one has a later "in" time, nothing you can do but call in a late report. I would, however, make your times later for the first school ... AFTER NOTIFYING PARENTS ... so you're not waiting at the school for a half hour before they take the kids.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

WigWag16

Buzz what if it's not official on the run sheet should I still show go early for the first PM school or go by the sheet ?

Buzz

Quote from: WigWag16 on September 30, 2020, 02:09:05 AM
Buzz what if it's not official on the run sheet should I still show go early for the first PM school or go by the sheet ?

You can go early. The "Go by your run sheet" thing is mainly to avoid any conflict with the school if you can't get there at the earlier time THEY set but is not on your run sheet. In other words, you're  not late if you get to a school BY the time on your run sheet, but there is nothing to stop you from getting there earlier. You're good.

Example: IS 24 used to get out at 2:00. I called today and they're dismissing at 1:40. I'll be there by 1:40 for sure.

Next school is PS 50. No way I can be there by their new time, 2:00. Earliest would be 2:15. They're easy to get along with but if the principal wanted to be a hard on (this guy is NOT) I'd just show him the time on my run sheet ... 2:30. Let them duke it out with OPT.

Buzz

I probably should add that although I could have gotten to my PS school at 2:00 today, I went at about the time I anticipate getting there on Thursday when IS schools are in session. I did not want parents thinking that their kids would be dropped off at 2:15 every day, then calling up and complaining that I'm 20 minutes late on Thursday.

yabba

the last message i heard from 1200 was to follow times on the route sheets...i went to my pm school at that time...thursday should be  like the presidental debate last night   :snicker: :snicker:

Buzz

Quote from: yabba on September 30, 2020, 09:55:20 AM
the last message i heard from 1200 was to follow times on the route sheets...i went to my pm school at that time...thursday should be  like the presidental debate last night   :snicker: :snicker:

Yes, but if you could get there earlier [Read: Get done earlier] why wouldn't you? Nobody's going to get in trouble for being early to a p.m. school.