Covid at Pioneer !!

Started by Tyme, September 28, 2020, 12:07:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WigWag16

OMG I totally agree. At the end of the day they can't keep us in the dark with company policy if there even is one. We should have been told what we are to do and what the company would do during our refreshers and safety courses. We are finding this out through word of mouth nothing official from the company. We should already know what we are to do and what they are doing especially you have drivers going in tomorrow to do runs. Has the office/drivers room been sprayed down? An email should have been sent to us this weekend confirming the news, and for every employee to come in Monday to get tested.....but radio silence on all fronts.

WigWag16

I've been saying all along sadly it's going to get to the point where you just have to worry about yourself and use common sense with prayer and hope.

WigWag16

I'm sure everyone in the dispatch office was notified and told what the plan is.....

rc1790

Anything from the union? Some of us are working tomorrow.

OMG

With that being said, if a driver or matron stands up for themselves and says over the radio that they are full and cannot longer take any more students because they are at 10, don't call them fucking assholes of pussies, call them heroes. If somebody should get called in on a hearing or be fired, walk out with them don't stab them in the back. We all want to work and get paid to do our jobs, but we want to do it safely. If it should get out on the media that we are loaded with way more than the CDC asked for, I don't think Pioneer stands a chance on winning the case or the Board of Education. I think they'd be pretty embarrassed on how they let things get out of hand.

WTF

Thank you Tyme for notifying us know about Jenks! We all appreciate you coming on here and telling us what's happening.

Now, what the FUCK!!! This is the most irresponsible thing I have ever heard in this company! I like to know just when he knew that he was in contact with someone that has Covid! If it was early in the week then he should have Not have came to work. He then would have had no regard for All the other office workers and everybody else at Pioneer! Damn him! The possibility that he infected the office and they or him infected some drivers or matrons. Then we then spread it to the children on our buses and they bring it into the class and then bring it home etc.. What the FUCK!!! Damn HIM! I for one don't ever want to see him or even hear his voice on the radio. Even after this is all over with. I have NO respect for him anymore! The CDC guidelines are if you knowing are in contact with someone that has Covid, you MUST quarantine yourself!

Pioneer is no better either! This is just how irresponsible this company is. Not to notify its employees. This comes from the top down! Damn them too!!!

PROUD MEMBER

I really don't know what to say. I will say I hope Janks is OK. As far as WTF ur feeling and words are ur opinion, I respect them but then according to you and CDC rules then everyone in the office now should also quarantine for 14 days because (unlike the majority of us) all were in close proximity of Janks. So if they all come in on Monday or Tuesday then should we also say DAMN them? And if they all don't come in then we're all out of work for 14 days. Unfortunately it's a complicated situation. Only thing I can say as far as work goes if someone doesn't feel safe then stay home. I doubt if you can get fired.

OMG

WTF

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 28, 2020, 04:50:14 AM
I really don't know what to say. I will say I hope Janks is OK. As far as WTF ur feeling and words are ur opinion, I respect them but then according to you and CDC rules then everyone in the office now should also quarantine for 14 days because (unlike the majority of us) all were in close proximity of Janks. So if they all come in on Monday or Tuesday then should we also say DAMN them? And if they all don't come in then we're all out of work for 14 days. Unfortunately it's a complicated situation. Only thing I can say as far as work goes if someone doesn't feel safe then stay home. I doubt if you can get fired.

PROUD MEMBER - I also respect your opinion, but it's really Not my opinion! It's the CDC and NY State Guidelines! Everybody wants to hear what we should do if this happens or that happens. Well here are the RULES by the U.S. Government (CDC) and NYS Health Department! You Must quarantine yourself if you knowing in continue contact with someone with Covid. If the office gets tested and it comes back negative from Covid, then there's no quarantine. They all should get tested before they return back to Pioneer. You and I can always recover financially but we can never replace a family member or children who we might get infected by us. I for one could not put money in my pocket (paycheck) knowing that I possibly could be spreading this horrible virus for financial gain. As of this past Saturday's virus update by Gov. Cuomo "NYS for the first time in 3 months NYS had an increase of over 1000 new cases in a signal day". Everybody is in this together, we All must follow the RULES to end this horrible virus!!! That means You and me if need be!

PROUD MEMBER

WTF ... Well said
Furthermore none of us know the exact circumstances with Janks. I saw him this week and he appeared fine to me. Just because he has the virus doesn't mean he knew it and came into work anyway. Maybe he felt a little sick earlier in the week and went and got tested as a precautionary measure and was notified on Friday while at work that he tested positive and then left.

wheresmymoney!

Pioneer should require everyone now to be tested

PROUD MEMBER

I heard that everyone in the office was sent to be tested and before we start with the what about us and that Pioneer doesn't care about us let's be realistic if anyone was in close proximity to Bobby it was the office staff and not us. For the few of us that may have been close to him I would suggest to go get tested. As I said earlier this is a very touchy situation and I don't mean to be naive about it. Obviously the first thing is the safety and health of EVERYONE and then we have to consider our livelihoods and future. I wish the best to everyone at Pioneer. That includes all Brothers & Sisters, the entire Office Staff including Neil and obviously Janks!!!

WigWag16

ProudMember...regardless we should have all been notified Saturday-Sunday someone in the company tested positive and what they are expected to do and want us to do. For example that entire office and drivers room should be disinfected with the machine spray. Put us at ease that they are on top of it doing something. Again non of us know what the protocol is, why are we left in the dark.

WigWag16

Quote from: wheresmymoney! on September 28, 2020, 01:01:43 PM
Pioneer should require everyone now to be tested

They should have contacted everyone last night saying to report to the yard to get a test

faceit

1181 looking out for its members again 👍🏻. I am amazed at the lack of communication... SMFH
All lives matter