Claim Unemployment

Started by Buzz, January 03, 2021, 01:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yabba

does it even pay to come to work now... :snicker: :snicker:

OMG

Has anyone who's BYE ended on the 27th and opened a new claim received their payment yet ?  I'm still waiting and can't get through to an operator

Eucerin

Nope, last thing I got in the mail from DOL was Monetary Benefit Determination...no advancement on my application online...for the new claim 12/27

OMG

Still waiting for my check, impossible to get a live person

Eucerin

Still waiting also no movement on my claim

Eucerin

Has anyone who's BYE ended on the 27th and opened a new claim received their payment yet ? Still waiting??

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on February 04, 2021, 03:43:59 PM
Has anyone who's BYE ended on the 27th and opened a new claim received their payment yet ? Still waiting??

Another driver said the same thing to me yesterday so you're not alone.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

OMG

As a matter of fact, today I finally got through to someone at unemployment. You've got to get on the phone by 7:59 in the morning and start calling. I explained To her what's going on and she put me through to a level three supervisor, the supervisor said I should get my money by next week.

Eucerin

what the best # to try? and thanks

OMG

They start answering the phones at 8 AM, I would start calling at like 757 because you have to go through almost 5 minutes of rambling on

TheKid24

How will this work with the new function of UI does it still go by if you make more than 504 you can't claim or does it go by hours.

For example I work RJJ Tuesday-Thursday. No service on Monday for Presidents' Day and I don't have RJJ on Friday. That puts me at 24 hours. We are allowed up to 30 hours to claim UI but those 3 days put me above 504, so would I be able to claim given my hours are under 30 or no because I'm over 504

yabba

shouldnt  you be paid for monday (presidents day) being your working that week...

TheKid24

Quote from: yabba on February 07, 2021, 10:24:25 PM
shouldnt  you be paid for monday (presidents day) being your working that week...

The paper I got says new hires get Presidents' Day after year 3.....

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on February 07, 2021, 07:20:23 PM
How will this work with the new function of UI does it still go by if you make more than 504 you can't claim or does it go by hours.

"... if you work 30 hours or fewer and earn $504 or less in gross pay..."

https://dol.ny.gov/unemployment/partial-unemployment-eligibility

Buzz

Quote from: TheKid24 on February 08, 2021, 12:33:10 AM
The paper I got says new hires get Presidents' Day after year 3.....

Presidents' Day is paid after 2 years of service.

I believe I sent you the page from the MOA about holidays a few months ago. Please save me the trouble and look for it.