Suggestion Box

Started by Buzz, February 03, 2022, 04:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on February 08, 2022, 04:22:09 PM
Quote from: Slowbus on February 08, 2022, 03:11:22 PMExcuse my ignorance but What's the point of getting gas twice a week ?

I dont think it should be "Mandatory" but some drivers have runs where they need to fill up twice a week BUT they force the issue so the mechanics check the bud out which times they do and times they don't
in my case most of the time they don't open the hood and when I ask for windshield fluid they act like they doing me a favor I do about 60 miles a day if I get gas once a week I still have about a quarter tank left

Buzz

QuoteExcuse my ignorance but What's the point of getting gas twice a week ?

What's the point of odd and even days?  :shrug:
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Kid24

Yeah I gotta ask for coolant or else they don't pop the hood and that's just to stop the buzzing lol...

The odd and even days I guess is to keep "order" to it. It really shouldn't be odd and even should be get gas as needed

PROUD MEMBER

In order to fuel two buses at the same time, an easy fix would be to make the hoses on each pump approximately 6' longer. I took a look at it and it wouldn't make a difference if the gas tank on the bus is located in the front or the back.
That's assuming that longer hoses are legal in NYS. And that's also assuming that the driver going to the first pump pulls all the way up (good luck with that).

Kid24

Currently waiting as we speak........

5 buses 20 min 🤦🏻‍♂️

Buzz

That's about right. I figure 5 minutes per bus, roughly.

Buzz

QuoteIn order to fuel two buses at the same time, an easy fix would be to make the hoses on each pump approximately 6' longer. I took a look at it and it wouldn't make a difference if the gas tank on the bus is located in the front or the back.
That's assuming that longer hoses are legal in NYS. And that's also assuming that the driver going to the first pump pulls all the way up (good luck with that).

I sensed the word "legal" was the clue. Hoses cannot be longer than 18 feet and must be equipped with a breakaway device. (If somebody pulls away with the hose still in the bus. Ours are thus equipped and it's already happened.) Is that long enough?

Section 2206.7.5 of NY Fire code ... https://up.codes/viewer/new_york/ny-fire-code-2010/chapter/22/motor-fuel-dispensing-facilities-and-repair-garages#22

mirrorcheck

I like it Buzz pure genius. Can you submit plan B to get the bus wash open . Does the DOE have blinders on for the outside ? Lmao
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

QuoteI like it Buzz pure genius. Can you submit plan B to get the bus wash open . Does the DOE have blinders on for the outside ? Lmao

Last I talked to Steve about it (last summer) he was having trouble getting parts for it. I mean, what the fuck ... it's only about 50 years old.

sbdriver1

That's the new excuse. Trouble getting parts

Slowbus

Quote from: mirrorcheck on February 09, 2022, 07:29:09 PMI like it Buzz pure genius. Can you submit plan B to get the bus wash open . Does the DOE have blinders on for the outside ? Lmao
:wink_cheesy:

Buzz

QuoteThat's the new excuse. Trouble getting parts

Well, I wasn't exaggerating when I said it's about 50 years old. Maybe more ... if I'm not mistaken, they bought it used and it was already old. (Like they used to buy their fuel pumps.)

When Buono was here he showed me architectural drawings of a beautiful enclosed wash with recycled water, blah, blah, blah that we were supposed to get. Don't know whatever happened to that.

Buzz

So this morning I get on a very long line and after 15 minutes I realize I need DEF fluid. Figuring I wouldn't have enough time to get fuel and DEF, I got off the line and pulled alongside the building by the pumps to get the DEF.

I ask the kid if I can then turn left alongside the pumps because I needed fuel and the kid tells me he's not allowed to fuel anyone going in that direction. So, I take a chance and get back on the fuel line.

When I somehow made it to the pump with a little time to spare, I see a mechanic fueling a bus on the other side of the pumps, facing the opposite direction.

I guess it's who you know.

Kid24

Yeah I've seen it happen where drivers pull right up as a bus is getting gas to just get fluids for the bus and not gas. One time I picked my bus up in the afternoon and had to get gas and I was parked in the front of the yard pulled out and barely had to turn to get into the gas area, the kid told me I had to go around the yard cause technically on camera it looks like I made a right 🤦🏻‍♂️

Buzz

I don't know why making the right is a big deal if nobody is coming down but rules, rules and more rules.