Mandatory OPT VIA Training

Started by Buzz, May 20, 2022, 02:52:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

We all know this is going to end up being just another DOE/OPT fiasco but we have to humor them ...

VIA classes.jpg
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

sbdriver1

A boondoggle. Another waste of time and money

faceit

Hopefully there will be representatives from OPT not just IT guys and 19 a instructors other than Owen because we know how he feels about it to hear our concerns about children safeties looking at the stupid phones while kids are getting on and off the bus
All lives matter

Eucerin

Any idea how long the training is scheduled for?

Buzz

Quote from: Eucerin on May 20, 2022, 05:29:03 PMAny idea how long the training is scheduled for?

Probably depends on how many questions people have.

Buzz

Hate to tell you this ... and it is UNOFFICIAL ... but there is reason to believe that the pencil-necks from the city will give half hour classes to 15 people at a time. IF TRUE it will take at least until 12:30 to have trained 96 people.

Again, the city has not told anybody exactly how they plan to run this but I just wanted to give you a heads up to this possibility.

So if you thought it was going to suck, it will probably suck even more than you thought!

Kid24

I got 3 trips next week and going to BK the day I'm supposed to go....I'll attend a day I don't have a trip so I don't deal with Owen getting pissy with me why I'm late coming from a trip

Buzz

QuoteI got 3 trips next week and going to BK the day I'm supposed to go....I'll attend a day I don't have a trip so I don't deal with Owen getting pissy with me why I'm late coming from a trip

Yes, either that or come in between on your local trips.

Buzz

As expected, total shit show this morning. DOE sends ONE guy, can't connect to the network until 10:30 then all he does is scan your ID card and have you set a password on one of their phones. It's you last name (first letter capital) and the last 4 of your social.

No "training" whatsoever. No seniority order, nothing organized, nobody in control, typical DOE sponsored cluster fuck. Hopefully they'll have it together by tomorrow.

PROUD MEMBER

I disagree with you.
First off it wasn't the DOE that sent ONE person. He doesn't works for the DOE. He works for the company that the DOE has the contract with. That company sent one person.
Secondly, as far as order or seniority goes at 9:00am when the training was to start Owen came out and said the first 5 people near the door to go in. Which I happened to be one of. And when I and the other four that were near the door went in the young man that was giving the training did actually give us training. After the training he scanned our cards as you said and had us set up a password. And the password does not have to be your last name and the last four of ur social. It has to be eight characters with one capital letter and at least one number.
As far as him not being able to connect to the network that was out of his control as the administrator of this site I'm sure you if anyone would understand.
And not to knock my Shop Stewards but if you were going to do it in seniority order then obviously someone has to be at the door just like the day of any pick to coordinate that. And obviously that is out of the hands of the DOE or anyone from that company.
Lastly, the only reason after the first five people no one else received any training was because of the impatientncy of everyone there who just bombarded the poor kid.
I had asked him once the network is up how long would it take and he said each group five people would take approximately 8 to 10 minutes.
So in "today's" case the "shit show" should be blamed on the impatience of the drivers and nobody else.
As Joe Friday says "Just the facts, ma'am."

Buzz

Well, I ... and many others ... did NOT get any training whatsoever. And he TOLD me the password was to be my last name and first 4.

The DOE should have made sure the company they contracted sent more than one person.

As far a being impatient, well an hour and a fucking half and nothing is happening because the guy can't get on the network or what the fuck ever ... yeah, people tend to get impatient.

Andy never said it was to be in seniority order. I think people just assumed that. The days were split up that way so everybody wouldn't show up at once. But somebody should have told us it was a first come basis ... especially after Owen came out and hand picked 5 senior guys to go in.

Kid24

This is exactly how it went over the summer...too much confusion, not enough answers to questions being answered especially with certain scenarios. Waste of money and waste of time for us drivers

faceit

Owen did Come out and say and I quote the first five top guys come in some people took it upon themselves to consider themselves  One of the top-five... and as far as our Shop Stewart he was asked why not read off the seniority list in order he said why don't you guys just put yourself in seniority order and walked away left the yard... SMFH
All lives matter

PROUD MEMBER

I was one of those first five guys and none of us took it upon ourselves and you could ask Andy because he was standing right there Owen pointed to the first five guys near the door and told us to go in.

Buzz

QuoteOwen did Come out and say and I quote the first five top guys come in some people took it upon themselves to consider themselves  One of the top-five... and as far as our Shop Stewart he was asked why not read off the seniority list in order he said why don't you guys just put yourself in seniority order and walked away left the yard... SMFH

If Owen said that then I guess that's why people assumed it was to go in seniority order. However, neither Andrew nor Anthony said it was to be in seniority order. They were not going to stand there for 3 hours checking off seniority numbers and I don't blame them. This was NOT a union thing and it was not their responsibility. Everybody knows who's ahead of them and should have done this by the honor system.

But I guess somebody should have at least made it clear one way or another.