Believe this shit?

Started by Buzz, June 16, 2022, 03:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Nowhere does it mention any monetary compensation ...

doe training.jpg
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

And "If you do not currently receive emails from Pioneer Transportation ..." ... how would you have received THIS email?  :shrug:

rc1790

Buzz

Vaguely remember doing something like this once before but I believe it was only one day ... no? And I think we got 4 hours for it.

Kid24

We did this last year and got paid so one can hope we are as well. And to do this Father's Day weekend including Monday being off... how stupid

I guess Andy would know if we are getting paid for this

PROUD MEMBER

Spoke with Stewards we will get paid. Wasn't told the exact amount. I assume we'll get that answer by later today or tomorrow.

Kid24

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 16, 2022, 05:06:15 PMSpoke with Stewards we will get paid. Wasn't told the exact amount. I assume we'll get that answer by later today or tomorrow.

Should get 4 hours a day but I can see them giving us 2 hours a day

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on June 16, 2022, 05:06:15 PMSpoke with Stewards we will get paid. Wasn't told the exact amount. I assume we'll get that answer by later today or tomorrow.

Yes, that's what I'm trying to get from Andy ... will it be 4 hours for EACH day? ... As it should be?

Buzz

QuoteWe did this last year and got paid so one can hope we are as well. And to do this Father's Day weekend including Monday being off... how stupid

I guess Andy would know if we are getting paid for this

Yeah, Sunday is a holiday ... we should get holiday pay on top of it!!  :rotfl:  :rotfl:  :rotfl:

mirrorcheck

I have a real
Problem with this is .... Simply it's a holiday weekend and on top Father's Day weekend what if people made plans to be away as it's technically summer ? Then on top of that the company doesn't communicate how long this is and what we are paid for ? I mean isn't this just simple and easy answers ? Company is great to work for you have autonomy for the most part and you are your own boss . Areas of information that should be easy to get are lost. Then they wonder and complain about rumor mills and grapevines giving the company and union a bad name .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Kid24

If it's anything like last year it can just be background noise for an hour but the communication is bad on this. They should have stated we would be paid for it and how much. The reason why they chose this weekend is because it's a three day thing and we are off Monday. Not right on all ends. They need to leave us drivers alone and just drive

Buzz

Ok ... according to Andy, we will get 4 hours for each day.

Buzz

I'm also told that Island Charter is making their people come in for the training next week. This is definitely the lesser of the 2 evils so I'll stop complaining now.  ;D  ;D  ;D

PROUD MEMBER

Monday is a National Holiday and obviously the DOE is closed yet the DOE tells us it's MANDATORY. Even though I disagree with anything being mandatory on the weekend, I'll give it a pass but on Monday. You can't make this shit up. I guess Juneteenth isn't as big of a holiday that it's hyped up to be! I wonder if they would make it mandatory if it was July 4th or Christmas Day?

docjones

Management work for Terrorist Joe Biden