If Your Benefit Year Ends Sept. 4

Started by Buzz, September 01, 2022, 01:56:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Several people approached me asking when they should open a new book if their benefit year ends this Sunday. If you get guaranteed weeks you're  going to be paid for the whole week next week. You claim this current week this Sunday and open a new book on Christmas vacation ... which will be your waiting week. (Technically you could open a new book on Monday, 9/5, but Christmas would still be your waiting week so there's no point.)

If you do not get guaranteed weeks you may be entitled to partial benefits for next week ... or ... if you have to open a new book you can do it on Monday and you may partially satisfy your waiting week. Anything you might "owe" for your waiting week will be satisfied the next time you claim (probably Christmas).
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

PROUD MEMBER

I don't THINK any driver will be entitled to partial unemployment benefits for next week no matter under new or old contract.

Here's why - AS LONG AS EVERY DRIVER GETS
4hrs - Dry run
4hrs - Video
8hrs - Thursday Sept. 8th
8hrs - Friday Sept. 9th

24hrs - Total

The starting pay for new drivers as of 7/1/22 is $21.99 per hour (and obviously if you started before that you should be making more).

24hrs x $21.99 = $527.76 for the week

$527.76 puts you over the amount in which you can claim unemployment for a week.

As I said this depends on us getting the 8hrs total for the dry run & the video combined and that the pay rate of $21.99 is correct (which I believe it is).

As always don't take my word (I'm just looking to help out).
If you're unsure ALWAYS check with Anthony the Shop Steward.

PROUD MEMBER

PS
My last post as stated is intended for "Drivers" only. I'm sure there are attendants under the NEW contract that will be entitled to partial unemployment.

Buzz

QuoteI don't THINK any driver will be entitled to partial unemployment benefits for next week no matter under new or old contract.

QuotePS
My last post as stated is intended for "Drivers" only. I'm sure there are attendants under the NEW contract that will be entitled to partial unemployment.

I allowed for the possibility ... but didn't want to do the math.  ;D

PROUD MEMBER

QuoteAm I right about this PROUD MEMBER?  :))

You asked!