When Your Company Makes You Feel Appreciated ...

Started by Buzz, September 01, 2022, 11:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Oh ... you thought I meant our company? LOL ... no, silly. I'm talking about IC Bus ... Island Charter. Happened by today, during the matrons' pick. Lo and behold there's a food truck serving breakfast and lunch ... all free to IC's matrons. The drivers were treated to the same  yesterday for their pick. All courtesy of the bus company.

I even got a free bacon, egg and cheese on a roll. Thanks, Fred Jr. It says a lot about you ... you're a truly fine American!

IMG_20220901_133259154.jpg

IMG_20220901_114610317.jpg

IMG_20220901_115410504_HDR.jpg
Can't tell from this angle, but the BEC roll was loaded!

(I was talking to the guy in the truck ... turns out Pioneer hired him a couple of years ago at the end of the year to BBQ for the office and mechanics. I think the Bronx was invited too.)
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

I don't understand why but ever since the last Strike it seems (at least to me) that the mechanics instead of being seen as Local 1181 brothers that they are considered more like management at Pioneer. And don't get me wrong I'm not talking about them in a bad way. I personally get along with all of them. It just strikes me as odd. Does anyone else see this or is it my imagination?

faceit

Well in my opinion scabs that cross a union picket line are always favored by management.. I'm just sayin
All lives matter

Buzz

Not your imagination at all, PROUD MEMBER. And faceit is right. They  went back to work while we were outside freezing our asses off.

But aside from that, shop employees have always been considered superior to drivers and treated thusly. They don't realize that if we didn't break buses, they wouldn't be needed to fix them!  ;D  ;D  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.