Fuel

Started by Manwithabus, September 07, 2022, 03:42:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manwithabus

Quick question.  It's been a while. What are the fuel days for odd numbered buses? Tomorrow will be a madhouse, but I don't remember if it's my day.  Thanks. 

Kid24

Odd Tuesday/Thursday
Even Monday/Wednesday

Buzz

QuoteQuick question.  It's been a while. What are the fuel days for odd numbered buses? Tomorrow will be a madhouse, but I don't remember if it's my day.  Thanks. 

Tomorrow is your day ... but so was yesterday.

I got it yesterday ... no line.

Be smart. Be like Buzz  ;D  ;D  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Slowbus

It was a mission getting my bus ready yesterday had to move 4 buses on the rain to get my bus out and do dry run and when I got back like around 1 pm it was still raining yard was a disaster buses everywhere no space for buses coming back there was a driver that was moving buses to get his out and another driver blocked him they almost got into a fight         I worked for 2 bus companies before pioneer and they both had people moving buses and directing traffic

Kid24

Quote from: Slowbus on September 07, 2022, 07:08:01 PMIt was a mission getting my bus ready yesterday had to move 4 buses on the rain to get my bus out and do dry run and when I got back like around 1 pm it was still raining yard was a disaster buses everywhere no space for buses coming back there was a driver that was moving buses to get his out and another driver blocked him they almost got into a fight         I worked for 2 bus companies before pioneer and they both had people moving buses and directing traffic

Yeah yesterday was a shit show dropping the bus off at the end of the day I
Got back around 12, i just left it in front of the front row. There were spots to pull into in the back but you couldn't pull in because people just dropped their busses off outside the last row making it impossible to pull into a spot

PROUD MEMBER

Obviously yesterday was different bc it was dry runs and with the exception of a few drivers that actually worked most of us came in anywhere from 5am to 2pm and I don't think Bobby & Brian were in the yard.
Starting tomorrow everyone for the most part will be starting around the same time and the two of them will be working the yard. Let's have a little patience. Just think what things could be like if we had real problems like other people.

Buzz

Holy Crap! People came in at 5 a.m. to do their dry runs? Was the training email out that early?

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on September 07, 2022, 09:37:03 PMHoly Crap! People came in at 5 a.m. to do their dry runs? Was the training email out that early?

I think I got the email around 6, got to the yard at 7:45 didn't get to start my run till 9 because my bus over the summer had a constant electrical problem so has to be assigned a new bus for the time being which is old as hell then to top it off has to get an entire clip light installed because the third one on the passenger side was missing, didn't get started till 9:15. Said to myself shoulda just taken my bus out than ask for a different one which was from the Stone Age lol

PROUD MEMBER

Training email came at exactly 5:00am and yes there were drivers at the yard. I myself was done with both my am & pm dry runs by 7:30am.
BTW Last week when I picked I took the time to move my bus where I would be able to get to it yesterday morning without a problem.

Buzz

QuoteTraining email came at exactly 5:00am and yes there were drivers at the yard. I myself was done with both my am & pm dry runs by 7:30am.
BTW Last week when I picked I took the time to move my bus where I would be able to get to it yesterday morning without a problem.

Wow! That's early! When we picked, my bus was still in Sharrotts ... but fortunately it did get inspected so I'm good until February.

Buzz

QuoteQuick question.  It's been a while. What are the fuel days for odd numbered buses? Tomorrow will be a madhouse, but I don't remember if it's my day.  Thanks. 

The odd - even thing has always seemed ridiculous to me. I'm told it helps them with ordering fuel but I don't see how. Last I talked to Bobby Gerard (couple years ago) they don't do that in the Bronx. Drivers get fuel when they need it, that's the way it should be. It evens out. A pattern forms and they order accordingly.

PROUD MEMBER

Not sure but I think the Bronx has 1/2 the amount of buses. So that makes a difference. Also, are you quoting Bobby the "Defect Man"

Buzz

QuoteNot sure but I think the Bronx has 1/2 the amount of buses. So that makes a difference. Also, are you quoting Bobby the "Defect Man"

Why does it matter if they have 1/2 the buses? Just means they order fuel less often.

I'm referring to Bobby Gerard, the guy who did the new defect procedure video. He's the shop manager in the Bronx ... used to be a mechanic here. Nice guy, Bobby.

PROUD MEMBER

If they have 1/2 the buses it means they don't need the odd/even days.
If everyone in SI were to go back on the same day then there would be 400 buses looking for fuel. In the Bronx there would only be 200 buses. At 5 to 10 minutes a bus that's a big difference.
And I know who Bobby is. I was making a joke because in my opinion the "Defect Man's" idea will not work. And it was already proven today. I heard on day one that the computer was down and drivers were filling out defect slips.

Buzz

I maintain if drivers could get fuel when they need it, the lines would even out. Not all drivers are going to get fuel on the same day. If the line's too long today, they know they can get gas tomorrow. I actually think there would be smaller lines because the way it is now you HAVE to get fuel on your fuel day even if you only need 10 or 15 gallons. Ridiculous.

Didn't know they were using defect slips today. Guess that works as well as the phones. For some reason this business doesn't seem to like technology.  :shrug: