Via Bracket Clusterfuck

Started by Buzz, October 19, 2022, 05:36:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Okay so there was a notice saying that if you needed a bracket for the Via phone, to come back after the morning run.

Turns out, there are 130 buses that need brackets. Now, lets do the math:

It takes about 1/2 hour per bus. It used to take only 10 minutes, a supervisor explained to me, but now they have to install them a different way in order not to void bus warranties. (And the bus before mine took all of 45 minutes!)

So, there are only 3 installers. Three installers doing about 8 buses each in 4 hours equals 24 buses per day. I'm assuming they get 1/2 hour for lunch. They started around 9 and most buses will have to leave by 1:30.

Now, the question is: How many days will it take to complete installation on 130 buses? I'm not giving you the answer, but it sure as shit isn't ONE.

Un-fuckin-real.

nico cares.jpg
But nobody else gives a fuck!  ;D  ;D  ;D
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

And by the way .... there's no particular order. Your bus is not automatically next just because it's next in line.

Go figure.

Kid24

Not for nothing BUT if they want everyone to start using the program you don't need a mount UNLESS you want to charge it on the bus which needs tan get mounted. If the main concern is just using it then just log in and keep the phone in your pocket.

Buzz

Quote from: Kid24 on October 19, 2022, 07:05:07 PMNot for nothing BUT if they want everyone to start using the program you don't need a mount UNLESS you want to charge it on the bus which needs tan get mounted. If the main concern is just using it then just log in and keep the phone in your pocket.

The union told us if we didn't have a bracket, don't take a phone.

Plus, they were installing scanners as well.

rc1790

My bus was the 2nd in the yard. No installers there yet. Shop made a list of buses for them to do but they diregarded that and randomly chose buses. They were working on a spare bus when I went back. Go figure.

Buzz

QuoteMy bus was the 2nd in the yard. No installers there yet. Shop made a list of buses for them to do but they diregarded that and randomly chose buses. They were working on a spare bus when I went back. Go figure.
There was no organization or order whatsoever. The shop made a list of a few buses in the front while Owen on the radio told us to line up in back of the yard.

I questioned the supervisor as to why the installers were skipping all around and he said, "I let them do what they want. They work better without me."

They only did 20 buses yesterday. This is going to happen at least 5 more times if SOMEBODY doesn't step up and take control of the situation.

faceit

If you didn't $$$$ they skipped your bus
All lives matter

Buzz

QuoteIf you didn't $$$$ they skipped your bus

Yep. That's how I did it. I wasn't going to come back 3, 4 or 5 more  times, wait around for hours,  and still maybe not get it done.

(And apparently speaking the language of a couple of the installers got it done for others.)