Office Needs to Discard Old L/R Sheets!

Started by Buzz, November 05, 2022, 01:09:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Yesterday was, I believe, only the third time in almost 29 years that I called in sick. Knowing I handed in an updated L/R sheet in September I felt confident that whomever covered my run ... or parts thereof ... would have no problem whatsoever.

Little did I know that not only was the updated L/R sheet never put in the file, but there were 2 previous versions plus a "documented" run sheet with number of children and time corrections on it. What that was doing in there is anybody's guess.

Having heard there were discrepancies in whatever the other drivers were given, I printed out the same L/R sheet and brought it in with me this afternoon. It was then that I learned that it was never put in the file back in September and of the existence of the other crap in there.

I had given the updated L/R sheet to the new dispatcher, Mike ... who has already quit ... and asked if he knew what it was. He said yes, but I told him anyway that it was a left-right sheet. Then I asked if he knew what to do with it. He said yes, but I told him anyway to replace the one in the drawer with this one. Didn't happen.

So this afternoon I made sure that only the updated version was put in the file and the other crap in there was thrown away.

Sorry to whomever was given incorrect instructions yesterday.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

EVERY TIME that I hand in an updated L/R sheet I PERSONALLY put it in the draw and also throw out anything else that's in the file cabinet. Reason being is I foresee exactly what happened to you. As a matter of fact I just did it again on Tuesday.

Buzz

QuoteEVERY TIME that I hand in an updated L/R sheet I PERSONALLY put it in the draw and also throw out anything else that's in the file cabinet. Reason being is I foresee exactly what happened to you. As a matter of fact I just did it again on Tuesday.

And that's exactly what I did yesterday. I mean it should be common sense but I guess there's a shortage of that, too. Now I'll wait for times when I can enter the office and do it myself instead of handing it to somebody at the window. (Can't get good help these days.  :wink_cheesy:) It's just not fair to the driver covering the work to be given incorrect directions.

(Although, when I was a shape L/R sheets were practically non-existent. It was just too much work chiseling out those stone tablets.  ;D  ;D  ;D )

Golfnut

faceit

Proud do you even know your route you picked?😜
All lives matter

Kid24

Whenever I hand in a l/r sheet I write on the page as of whatever date it is I'm handing it in as. At the end of each school year they should throw out every l/r sheet so at the beginning of the year when we hand ours in the file is empty with just the new one handed in at the start of the year

Kid24

I got l/r sheets a few times and I ended up having to use the phone on my GPS lol

Buzz

Buzz

Quote from: Kid24 on November 05, 2022, 08:43:05 PMWhenever I hand in a l/r sheet I write on the page as of whatever date it is I'm handing it in as.

Yep, I always put "Updated on ________" (whatever date).

Buzz

QuoteThe Asian Guy?

Well, I didn't want to get racial about it but yes, the Asian guy.  :))  :))  :))

Golfnut

Quote from: Buzz on November 07, 2022, 03:57:24 PM
QuoteThe Asian Guy?

Well, I didn't want to get racial about it but yes, the Asian guy.  :))  :))  :))
That's more "descriptive" than it is racial !

Buzz

QuoteThat's more "descriptive" than it is racial !
I know. Joking.