VIA program fines

Started by Kid24, November 07, 2022, 10:36:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kid24

I'm sorry but when will Pioneer or the union step in and tell OPT no! This is insane I feel like all OPT wants is money from us. The program is still new and having issues how are we as drivers responsible. If you don't log in you'll be fined 230 for each log in and if you're having issues you gotta go back to the office every day to get a number to put on your trip card...how about just radio it in and write it on your card. As if we don't have enough to do we gotta worry about a program that is still in its testing stage.

Slowbus

I just started using it today logged in and out without issues hopefully stays that way  haven't heard about any driver getting a fine I think this notes they attached to the trip card are just to create fear and force drivers to comply as soon as possible .                I'm more concerned about opt using the data collected from this phones to pack up buses even more than what they already are .

Kid24

Quote from: Slowbus on November 08, 2022, 12:35:40 AMI just started using it today logged in and out without issues hopefully stays that way  haven't heard about any driver getting a fine I think this notes they attached to the trip card are just to create fear and force drivers to comply as soon as possible .                I'm more concerned about opt using the data collected from this phones to pack up buses even more than what they already are .

Well OPT is definitely monitoring it because Pioneer called me about 3 weeks ago asking why I didn't log into my AM and I said I did as I do every day. So clearly if the program isn't picking up when drivers are logging in how are we going to responsible for a fine? And the amount of the fines is insane. It's obviously not difficult to use but clearly even if you do what you're supposed to you're still at risk of paying a fine if their system isn't fully operating. It's bullshit

sbdriver1

You have to take a video with your phone while you're logging in I guess so you have some proof.

Slowbus

Quote from: sbdriver1 on November 08, 2022, 12:57:40 AMYou have to take a video with your phone while you're logging in I guess so you have some proof.

good idea 💡

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on November 08, 2022, 12:54:26 AM
Quote from: Slowbus on November 08, 2022, 12:35:40 AMI just started using it today logged in and out without issues hopefully stays that way  haven't heard about any driver getting a fine I think this notes they attached to the trip card are just to create fear and force drivers to comply as soon as possible .                I'm more concerned about opt using the data collected from this phones to pack up buses even more than what they already are .

Well OPT is definitely monitoring it because Pioneer called me about 3 weeks ago asking why I didn't log into my AM and I said I did as I do every day. So clearly if the program isn't picking up when drivers are logging in how are we going to responsible for a fine? And the amount of the fines is insane. It's obviously not difficult to use but clearly even if you do what you're supposed to you're still at risk of paying a fine if their system isn't fully operating. It's bullshit
100% and the union is only there to hand out trips and to remind us to vote demorat

Buzz

This is total bullshit. How can OPT get away with levying fines for a fucked up system that is riddled with all kinds of problems? It really reeks of "money grab" just like the fake speed limit speed cameras. The city just can't get enough.

And to have to report the problem "in person" is just punishing people for something that isn't their fault. Of course it doesn't say that you have to come back in the morning, but the sentence about off-Island trips would imply that. Why? Why can't EVERYBODY call dispatch?

All OPT and the company are doing is inducing people to get the fuck out of this industry thereby exacerbating an already serious driver shortage. I know I'm not alone when I say it's not the job itself that will make me decided to leave ... it the BULLSHIT surrounding the job that is leading people to that decision. And this is certainly BULLSHIT!

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

@Kid124 Not sure what you're doing that necessitates clicking on pictures you post full size, but if you do these steps they should display full size automatically ...

ATTACHMENTS >>> ADD FILES >>> UPLOAD >>> INSERT

Kid24

It's bad enough we gotta worry about fines with the bus now we gotta worry about this shit. I don't get why we just can't call it in and note it on our cards like we already are doing.

Buzz

For consideration by you younger guys ...

Take home $1966 ... holy crap!!

Buzz

Coincidentally, I'm told the dispatcher Mike (yes, Golfnut ... the Asian guy  :)) ) left for a job at La Guardia ... don't know exactly what though.

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 08, 2022, 02:39:47 PMFor consideration by you younger guys ...

So they say lol....sadly I'm stuck here and will make the best of it. It can't get any worse lol

faceit

Quote from: Kid24 on November 08, 2022, 02:50:37 PM
Quote from: Buzz on November 08, 2022, 02:39:47 PMFor consideration by you younger guys ...

So they say lol....sadly I'm stuck here and will make the best of it. It can't get any worse lol
OH YES IT CAN AND PROBABLY WILL
All lives matter

Buzz

QuoteIt can't get any worse lol

Ya' wanna bet?  :wink_cheesy:

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 08, 2022, 05:31:42 PM

Lmao from what I'm hearing the union is pushing pioneer and other companies that the next contract will feature guaranteed weeks for all, holidays for all, top pay cut in half. That happens which likely it will. I'm fine with it.   Again the state that the industry is in it can only get better not worse. I'm gonna be 5 years in at 36 years old I ain't starting over in a new profession or take a job with weekends nights and holidays

Slowbus

is gonna get so much worse  than already is and the via phones is just the beginning

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on November 08, 2022, 05:36:44 PM

Lmao from what I'm hearing the union is pushing pioneer and other companies that the next contract will feature guaranteed weeks for all, holidays for all, top pay cut in half. That happens which likely it will. I'm fine with it.   Again the state that the industry is in it can only get better not worse. I'm gonna be 5 years in at 36 years old I ain't starting over in a new profession or take a job with weekends nights and holidays
the only thing the union is pushing is trips on drivers there is no guarantee that next contract is going to be any better

Kid24

Quote from: Slowbus on November 08, 2022, 08:07:28 PM

the only thing the union is pushing is trips on drivers there is no guarantee that next contract is going to be any better

Not talking the guys in the office lol I mean the actual 1181 guys that negotiate and make the deal

Buzz

Quotethe only thing the union is pushing is trips on drivers ...

The company, by contract, has to cover the DOE's work. The union, by contract, has to cover Pioneer's work.

The union's job is to get YOU the work that the company has  to cover  ... not to get you OUT of work.

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on November 08, 2022, 09:38:28 PM
Quote from: Slowbus on November 08, 2022, 08:07:28 PM

Not talking the guys in the office lol I mean the actual 1181 guys that negotiate and make the deal
i don't expect too much from them either

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on November 08, 2022, 10:12:21 PM
Quotethe only thing the union is pushing is trips on drivers ...

The company, by contract, has to cover the DOE's work. The union, by contract, has to cover Pioneer's work.

The union's job is to get YOU the work that the company has  to cover  ... not to get you OUT of work.
thats right the problem is that the union doesn't specify how much work a driver cover instead they allow companies to enslave drivers as much as they can .

Golfnut

Quote from: Buzz on November 08, 2022, 02:45:18 PMCoincidentally, I'm told the dispatcher Mike (yes, Golfnut ... the Asian guy  :)) ) left for a job at La Guardia ... don't know exactly what though.

😂

sbdriver1

Quote from: Kid24 on November 07, 2022, 10:36:25 PMI'm sorry but when will Pioneer or the union step in and tell OPT no! This is insane I feel like all OPT wants is money from us. The program is still new and having issues how are we as drivers responsible. If you don't log in you'll be fined 230 for each log in and if you're having issues you gotta go back to the office every day to get a number to put on your trip card...how about just radio it in and write it on your card. As if we don't have enough to do we gotta worry about a program that is still in its testing stage.
No one's going to help everyone is in cahoots with each other

Slowbus

Quote from: sbdriver1 on November 13, 2022, 01:25:30 AM
Quote from: Kid24 on November 07, 2022, 10:36:25 PMI'm sorry but when will Pioneer or the union step in and tell OPT no! This is insane I feel like all OPT wants is money from us. The program is still new and having issues how are we as drivers responsible. If you don't log in you'll be fined 230 for each log in and if you're having issues you gotta go back to the office every day to get a number to put on your trip card...how about just radio it in and write it on your card. As if we don't have enough to do we gotta worry about a program that is still in its testing stage.
No one's going to help everyone is in cahoots with each other
💯

Kid24

It said see
Millie on my card cause I got a via violation she asked if I had any issues logging in I said no and she looked up
My run and it says I logged in and out. She says this is an issue it's giving violations to people that are logging in

This program is showing it's nothing but problems

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on November 18, 2022, 10:18:43 PMIt said see
Millie on my card cause I got a via violation she asked if I had any issues logging in I said no and she looked up
My run and it says I logged in and out. She says this is an issue it's giving violations to people that are logging in

thats bs and what was the outcome do you have to pay?

Kid24

Quote from: Slowbus on November 19, 2022, 12:47:06 AM
Quote from: Kid24 on November 18, 2022, 10:18:43 PMIt said see

thats bs and what was the outcome do you have to pay?

Well Nico told me last week they aren't going to let any drivers pay any violations when it comes to this. She said Owen wanted her to teach me what to do. I said I know what I gotta do and showed him last week. She said nothing to worry about. The funny part is it was for 3 days this week. All 3 in which the computer showed I logged in and out for the AM and PM. I guess we are past the idea of it being the drivers problem since we are logging in and still getting violations. It's clearly a system problem

Buzz

OPT loves beating a dead horse so it's going to be a while before they give up on this fiasco. Can only wonder how many millions were wasted. In the meanwhile, we're the victims ... again.

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 19, 2022, 01:51:37 PMOPT loves beating a dead horse so it's going to be a while before they give up on this fiasco. Can only wonder how many millions were wasted. In the meanwhile, we're the victims ... again.

My dad is a former driver for Atlantic Express...when I got in this 3 years ago he said be prepared that no matter what happens it will always be the drivers fault even when it is far from the drivers fault

Buzz

QuoteMy dad is a former driver for Atlantic Express...when I got in this 3 years ago he said be prepared that no matter what happens it will always be the drivers fault even when it is far from the drivers fault

Fucking A right, bro, all the time.