“Food for Thought”

Started by mirrorcheck, November 17, 2022, 12:22:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirrorcheck

Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

faceit

So we'll be losing more drivers😝😝
All lives matter

Slowbus

rc1790

That is why the city is pushing  these phones. The DoorDash app will appear soon. Any deliveries on your route must be made. 🤣🤣🤣

faceit

I'm sure carmine has his people already lined up for the extra work 😉😉
All lives matter

Kid24

Can hear Owen now....

Come back after your morning run to get your food scanner

Then makes you wait an hour

Slowbus

Quote from: faceit on November 17, 2022, 11:48:10 PMI'm sure carmine has his people already lined up for the extra work 😉😉
good for them but with traffic getting worse and buses getting fuller there's only so much they can do

Slowbus

Just saw my check today 324 dollars where do I find motivation to get up and get the bus if I was making more money when I was 12 .

Kid24

Quote from: Slowbus on November 18, 2022, 12:17:34 PMJust saw my check today 324 dollars where do I find motivation to get up and get the bus if I was making more money when I was 12 .

Guaranteed weeks FOR ALL!!!

It's also BS that you can't claim UI by getting a shitty check like that working 3 days. I was lucky to have worked 4 by having my catholic school open on Election day. Guaranteed Weeks better in that next contract. So far I hear it's being pushed heavily 

mirrorcheck

Kid24 it's what's right. The boss can read this. He had a great run. Touché you got a great deal to have an absurd 12 years to top pay and benefits contract  . Well the dirty little secret is he bills and contracts out for top pay drivers and Bennies . Honestly it's capitalism . Good for him. You made your money. Now it's time to pay for what's owed and just. 6 years is more than fair with Guaranteed weeks . It isn't our fault the 40 weeks of school only has 5 full weeks
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Slowbus

Quote from: mirrorcheck on November 18, 2022, 04:39:42 PMKid24 it's what's right. The boss can read this. He had a great run. Touché you got a great deal to have an absurd 12 years to top pay and benefits contract  . Well the dirty little secret is he bills and contracts out for top pay drivers and Bennies . Honestly it's capitalism . Good for him. You made your money. Now it's time to pay for what's owed and just. 6 years is more than fair with Guaranteed weeks . It isn't our fault the 40 weeks of school only has 5 full weeks
👍👍👍👍👍👍

Buzz

QuoteJust saw my check today 324 dollars where do I find motivation to get up and get the bus if I was making more money when I was 12 .

I agree and sympathize with you guys 100%. This current contract screwed you guys royally. It's not fair at all.

The thing I don't understand is, if you knew this when you signed on, why did you accept such a lousy deal and take the job?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

QuoteIt isn't our fault the 40 weeks of school only has 5 full weeks

How do you figure? Including this week and up to Christmas break there's 5 full weeks right there. What am I missing?

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 19, 2022, 01:58:12 PM
QuoteJust saw my check today 324 dollars where do I find motivation to get up and get the bus if I was making more money when I was 12 .

I agree and sympathize with you guys 100%. This current contract screwed you guys royally. It's not fair at all.

The thing I don't understand is, if you knew this when you signed on, why did you accept such a lousy deal and take the job?

They withheld a lot of shit at the time of hire to the point you find a shit load out working on the job. I was shown and given a different piece of paper contract wise at the time of the
Hire 3 years ago that is opposite of what it actually is.

Kid24

All I know is this year we finally get our Xmas and Easter checks lol. Next year fingers crossed for guaranteed weeks, top pay 6-7 years and all holidays which I heard the union is pushing hard on the owners

Slowbus

I was with reliant for 3 years where I got my cdl b they trained me well paid for everything gave me a bonus I drove a brand new van used to get every holiday pay everything was going great then covid hits,schools were closed then opened back up reliant tells me there's no enough runs for me to get one on the island because I didn't have enough seniority and they needed drivers in Greenpoint Brooklyn  I would have to commute and stay in Brooklyn until I finish my run everyday did it for a few then called union and explained the situation union said to go to pioneer ,pioneer had plenty runs on the island .went to pioneer where I was received with open arms everything was peaches and cream then later as am getting used to pioneer that's where I start finding out that it wasn't the same as reliant .

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on November 19, 2022, 02:51:58 PM

They withheld a lot of shit at the time of hire to the point you find a shit load out working on the job. I was shown and given a different piece of paper contract wise at the time of the
Hire 3 years ago that is opposite of what it actually is.
💯💯💯 and they still doing that to this day that's why a lot of people leave and the ones with more tolerance stay

Buzz

QuoteI was with reliant for 3 years where I got my cdl b they trained me well paid for everything gave me a bonus I drove a brand new van used to get every holiday pay everything was going great then covid hits... went to pioneer where I was received with open arms everything was peaches and cream then later as am getting used to pioneer that's where I start finding out that it wasn't the same as reliant .

I don't understand. To my knowledge, Reliant had the same contract we did. What year did you start with Reliant? What year did you start with Pioneer?

Buzz

So let me understand something. You guys saying things like, "They withheld a lot of shit at the time of hire" or, "everything was peaches and cream" [when you started]. Y'all telling me that Andy didn't show you a sheet like this before you were actually hired (the figures may have been different depending on what year)?

Andy told me he showed this to EVERY prospective driver. You telling me Andy was lying to me? Or was it that you just needed a job at the time and you didn't pay attention to the details and now the reality is setting and you're going to say you didn't know? You were conned into taking the job? Is that it? I'm trying to understand.

new hires.jpg

Buzz, I agree with you that all of this information was, and still is, available to any interested potential new hire. I believe a lot of the new hires are from folded bus companies, or from Amazon. These hires needed a job and may not have looked too deep into what they were signing on for. Unfortunately, this job is not a career. It is a retirement job for those that are already retired from something else. The last two contracts which we were persuaded to approve by our union officials has made us take many many steps backwards. This not only affects the newer hires, but will affect all of us in the long term.  :bomb:

Buzz

QuoteBuzz, I agree with you that all of this information was, and still is, available to any interested potential new hire. I believe a lot of the new hires are from folded bus companies, or from Amazon. These hires needed a job and may not have looked too deep into what they were signing on for.

Yes, I think that's exactly it. Their anticipation of getting the job kind of didn't let that negative information register, so to speak.

Although I don't agree that this information was withheld, I fully sympathize with their complaints. We need one contract for everybody.

QuoteUnfortunately, this job is not a career. It is a retirement job for those that are already retired from something else. The last two contracts which we were persuaded to approve by our union officials has made us take many many steps backwards. This not only affects the newer hires, but will affect all of us in the long term.  :bomb:

With the current contract for new hires it apparently isn't even a retirement job any more. Retired city employees used to be tripping over one another trying to get in the door. Not the case any more and it won't change unless the contract for them gets much better.

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on November 22, 2022, 05:49:26 PM
QuoteBuzz, I agree with you that all of this information was, and still is, available to any interested potential new hire. I believe a lot of the new hires are from folded bus companies, or from Amazon. These hires needed a job and may not have looked too deep into what they were signing on for.

Yes, I think that's exactly it. Their anticipation of getting the job kind of didn't let that negative information register, so to speak.

Although I don't agree that this information was withheld, I fully sympathize with their complaints. We need one contract for everybody.

QuoteUnfortunately, this job is not a career. It is a retirement job for those that are already retired from something else. The last two contracts which we were persuaded to approve by our union officials has made us take many many steps backwards. This not only affects the newer hires, but will affect all of us in the long term.  :bomb:

With the current contract for new hires it apparently isn't even a retirement job any more. Retired city employees used to be tripping over one another trying to get in the door. Not the case any more and it won't change unless the contract for them gets much better.
I wonder 💭 why 😂

Kid24

This is what I was handed the day I fist met pioneer for a job in 2019 B035E045-E760-40BE-A4F0-15016D4652D9.jpeg

Kid24

This needs to start being looked at as an actual job as well not just a retirement job. Gotta start looking at the future and protecting drivers to carry out the industry with a better contract to keep and bring drivers in

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on November 22, 2022, 06:20:02 PMThis is what I was handed the day I fist met pioneer for a job in 2019 B035E045-E760-40BE-A4F0-15016D4652D9.jpeg
I met Anthony after I was already working and it was to order uniforms nothing else was never handed anything + this paper says nothing about the job

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on November 22, 2022, 06:25:09 PMThis needs to start being looked at as an actual job as well not just a retirement job. Gotta start looking at the future and protecting drivers to carry out the industry with a better contract to keep and bring drivers in
I want to see a retiree doing my run im 34 and in perfect health and when I get off the bus at the end of the day I need epson salt and Tylenol

Slowbus

Quote from: 04012013 on November 22, 2022, 05:01:31 PMBuzz, I agree with you that all of this information was, and still is, available to any interested potential new hire. I believe a lot of the new hires are from folded bus companies, or from Amazon. These hires needed a job and may not have looked too deep into what they were signing on for. Unfortunately, this job is not a career. It is a retirement job for those that are already retired from something else. The last two contracts which we were persuaded to approve by our union officials has made us take many many steps backwards. This not only affects the newer hires, but will affect all of us in the long term.  :bomb:
off course they are going to persuade they are good 💰💰💰💰💰but what about the little guys

Buzz

Quote from: Kid24 on November 22, 2022, 06:20:02 PMThis is what I was handed the day I fist met pioneer for a job in 2019

Okay, so what is it that you weren't told?

Buzz

QuoteI met Anthony after I was already working and it was to order uniforms nothing else was never handed anything + this paper says nothing about the job

If you're saying you were never given this before you were hired I'll have to take you word for it, but you're a rare exception.

But what do you mean it says nothing about the job? It's everything ... especially the negatives ... in a nutshell.

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 22, 2022, 07:12:36 PM
QuoteI met Anthony after I was already working and it was to order uniforms nothing else was never handed anything + this paper says nothing about the job

If you're saying you were never given this before you were hired I'll have to take you word for it, but you're a rare exception.

But what do you mean it says nothing about the job? It's everything ... especially the negatives ... in a nutshell.

Not sure at the top of my head but with other holidays and certain situations I was told differently with this paper I got till I finally got the actual contract

Kid24

Hey hey you know what solves this?

1 contract for all!!

mirrorcheck

Kid you did get paid for Christmas week already correct ? ( unrelated just asking since you got on in 2019 do you remember when you got that week?) also you should have gotten Easter already too correct ? Thanks

Kid24

Quote from: mirrorcheck on November 22, 2022, 07:59:41 PMKid you did get paid for Christmas week already correct ? ( unrelated just asking since you got on in 2019 do you remember when you got that week?) also you should have gotten Easter already too correct ? Thanks

Nope! I'll be getting my first Xmas week and Easter week this year and I'm 3 years on the job...

Kid24

Quote from: mirrorcheck on November 22, 2022, 07:59:41 PMKid you did get paid for Christmas week already correct ? ( unrelated just asking since you got on in 2019 do you remember when you got that week?) also you should have gotten Easter already too correct ? Thanks

Nope! I'll be getting my first Xmas week and Easter week this year and I'm 3 years on the job...See the bullshit that's pulled lol. 3 years almost 4 to get the Xmas and Easter check when I got on as a new hire and all the holidays spread out one per year after first year. Again why this contract needs major changes. And it's most holidays we get now not all. I was originally told the opening offer for top pay was 19 years then 15 then they settled on 12 🤦🏻‍♂️

Slowbus

we need a big beautiful handbook with all the specifics limits and dos and donts

mirrorcheck

Buzz I was making fun of all the added and invented "holidays " there aren't many full weeks left .

Slowbus

Quote from: Slowbus on November 22, 2022, 06:44:26 PM
Quote from: Kid24 on November 22, 2022, 06:20:02 PMThis is what I was handed the day I fist met pioneer for a job in 2019 B035E045-E760-40BE-A4F0-15016D4652D9.jpeg
I met Anthony after I was already working and it was to order uniforms nothing else was never handed anything + this paper says nothing about the job
I want this sheet to says included but no limited 4 full buses of crazy psycho kids a day guarantee ,bus must be swept at least twice a day parents are never at stop ,schools don't know what they're doing ,the treat of getting a violation,unrealistic times schedules from stops to stop buy your own supplies to clean your bus ,good luck getting a good working condition bus otherwise speak the mechanics language and fix it ,bus can be pulled out of service for dot or repairs without notice ,good luck parking bus at the end of the day and finding it in the morning ,expect to drive all day and 4 trips a day on and off the island ,half an hour to get fuel everyday,2 way radio only works one way when needed ,runs are subject to change after the pick,take home 500 dollars a week driving a big bus in Staten Island traffic in all kinds of weather.

Buzz

QuoteNope! I'll be getting my first Xmas week and Easter week this year and I'm 3 years on the job...See the bullshit that's pulled lol. 3 years almost 4 to get the Xmas and Easter check ...

The sheet you're holding SAYS "Adjustment weeks ... Christmas 2022,  Easter 2023."

I don't see the conflict.

Buzz

QuoteKid you did get paid for Christmas week already correct ? ( unrelated just asking since you got on in 2019 do you remember when you got that week?) also you should have gotten Easter already too correct ? Thanks

Why would he have gotten those weeks already?  Look at the sheet he's holding.

Buzz

Quotewe need a big beautiful handbook with all the specifics limits and dos and donts

Yeah, we'll be getting that right after we get a contract booklet ... you don't remember those, but we actually got one every contract years ago.

Buzz

QuoteI want this sheet to says included but no limited 4 full buses of crazy psycho kids a day guarantee ,bus must be swept at least twice a day parents are never at stop ,schools don't know what they're doing ,the treat of getting a violation,unrealistic times schedules from stops to stop buy your own supplies to clean your bus ,good luck getting a good working condition bus otherwise speak the mechanics language and fix it ,bus can be pulled out of service for dot or repairs without notice ,good luck parking bus at the end of the day and finding it in the morning ,expect to drive all day and 4 trips a day on and off the island ,half an hour to get fuel everyday,2 way radio only works one way when needed ,runs are subject to change after the pick,take home 500 dollars a week driving a big bus in Staten Island traffic in all kinds of weather.

I'm beginning to think that you and this job may not be an ideal fit.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Kid24

Quote from: Buzz on November 23, 2022, 01:20:00 AM
QuoteNope! I'll be getting my first Xmas week and Easter week this year and I'm 3 years on the job...See the bullshit that's pulled lol. 3 years almost 4 to get the Xmas and Easter check ...

The sheet you're holding SAYS "Adjustment weeks ... Christmas 2022,  Easter 2023."

I don't see the conflict.

No conflict it's just bullshit to wait that long

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on November 23, 2022, 01:26:07 AM
QuoteI want this sheet to says included but no limited 4 full buses of crazy psycho kids a day guarantee ,bus must be swept at least twice a day parents are never at stop ,schools don't know what they're doing ,the treat of getting a violation,unrealistic times schedules from stops to stop buy your own supplies to clean your bus ,good luck getting a good working condition bus otherwise speak the mechanics language and fix it ,bus can be pulled out of service for dot or repairs without notice ,good luck parking bus at the end of the day and finding it in the morning ,expect to drive all day and 4 trips a day on and off the island ,half an hour to get fuel everyday,2 way radio only works one way when needed ,runs are subject to change after the pick,take home 500 dollars a week driving a big bus in Staten Island traffic in all kinds of weather.

I'm beginning to think that you and this job may not be an ideal fit.  ;D  ;D  ;D
I think so too😂😂😂

Buzz

QuoteI think so too😂😂😂

In the future, type your response after the end quote [/quote] so that your reply is not part of the quote. Less confusing that way. :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: