Strike Possible This Time Around

Started by Buzz, November 25, 2022, 05:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

Are you saying he got paid for all the runs that didn't go out? I doubt it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Who knows . That's something we will never know ....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

If a run doesn't go out, he doesn't get paid for it. Strike or no strike.

mirrorcheck

Runs didn't go out during Covid he didn't get paid ? He doesn't get paid when they don't go out in the snow ??????
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

QuoteRuns didn't go out during Covid he didn't get paid ? He doesn't get paid when they don't go out in the snow ??????

No and no. (See comment below about snow days.)

(If he got paid during COVID, don't you think he would have continued paying us the 85% we were getting and kept our benefits? As a matter of fact, Neil paid us the 85%, our benefits and pension through the month of April in 2020 without any reassurance from the city that they would reimburse him. He tried to get the city to at least cover our benefits after that but they wouldn't, let alone pay him. The city broke their contract with the owners.)

mirrorcheck

Well I understood it differently . Covid wasn't actually his fault nor is snow . I did hear as long as he tries to get the buses out or whatever happens isn't his fault he gets paid . I really don't have his contract . I really don't know ....

Buzz

Nah ... he only gets paid for runs that go out. The city isn't going to pay him for service not rendered, believe me. They're not that generous. (And he waits months for the money they do owe him.)

I should clarify about snow days ... although he doesn't get "paid" as such, I believe he does get the 85% "pass along" that he pays us.

Buzz

Another case in point: Do you think he got paid during the strike? Absolutely not ... just for the few runs that he got scabs to do. That's why he was begging us to come back.

mirrorcheck

Yeah I get what you're saying we can all agree the buses don't drive themselves .
      Back then I never thought I would see this current contract which attacks even top pay drivers . So maybe he can take that attitude when negotiating the next contract . Which is more important than the last .

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on November 30, 2022, 01:34:47 AM
QuoteRuns didn't go out during Covid he didn't get paid ? He doesn't get paid when they don't go out in the snow ??????

No and no. (See comment below about snow days.)

(If he got paid during COVID, don't you think he would have continued paying us the 85% we were getting and kept our benefits? As a matter of fact, Neil paid us the 85%, our benefits and pension through the month of April in 2020 without any reassurance from the city that they would reimburse him. He tried to get the city to at least cover our benefits after that but they wouldn't, let alone pay him. The city broke their contract with the owners.)
aaawww that's was so nice from him this bus drivers are so ungrateful 😂😂😂

Buzz

Quote]aaawww that's was so nice from him this bus drivers are so ungrateful 😂😂😂

It must be terrible coming into work every day hating the place you work for so much. I don't know how you do it ... well, maybe I do. Maybe you need this job. If you could get something better, you wouldn't be here. So being that you need the job and Pioneer gave it to you, maybe you SHOULD be grateful for it. Gratitude would certainly make it more tolerable.

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on December 01, 2022, 04:22:10 PM
Quote]aaawww that's was so nice from him this bus drivers are so ungrateful 😂😂😂

It must be terrible coming into work every day hating the place you work for so much. I don't know how you do it ... well, maybe I do. Maybe you need this job. If you could get something better, you wouldn't be here. So being that you need the job and Pioneer gave it to you, maybe you SHOULD be grateful for it. Gratitude would certainly make it more tolerable.
you have no idea .I have to prepare myself mentally everyday some days are ok others days are unbearable is been this way for 2 years now someway somehow I been making it work for me while also looking for a way out it just that finding something better takes time and I'm also tired of jumping from job to job ,pioneer only gave me the job because they need drivers because no body last on the job in 2 years I have seen a lots of drivers come and go if I wouldn't be with pioneer I would have been somewhere better or worse who knows so as much as I want to find a reason to be grateful is just not there . I'm only grateful with god with my mother and with myself .

mirrorcheck

Slowbus I wish you luck. There are better jobs some require more nights /weekends and holidays . I hope you do get something better . It's not easy . Also no offense to you  S I said all this and keep going. I enjoy the autonomy and personal responsibility the job gives me . As much as I feel we all can do better and must protect the money we make plus medical , pension etc I do know it's a great job. I have been micromanaged while breaking my a$$ working outside in all elements . Any person they better themselves or finds a better fit I wish them well.

Kid24

Better contract better workers papa John's ..... wait that's not it Lmaoo BUT  new contract would make some issues a lot easier and better to come to work

Slowbus

Quote from: Kid24 on December 01, 2022, 07:24:03 PMBetter contract better workers papa John's ..... wait that's not it Lmaoo BUT  new contract would make some issues a lot easier and better to come to work
😂😂😂100%