Failure to Communicate

Started by Buzz, February 03, 2023, 07:30:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slowbus

Buzz we need more involvement from the union to take care of this issues we face everyday like you say there's a lack of communication nobody knows what they doing is like the place is run by Mickey Mouse ever since I changed my run I was given a bus that doesn't start in morning I have to look for sal every morning so he can spray something in to the filter so the bus start so Friday the bus gave up since then I been given. A different bus every day yesterday I was given someone else's bus and the driver was running after me 😂😂😂that's my bus then they called me on the radio to bring back the bus told them I was already far away is a mess.

Slowbus

Yesterday while doing my am front part of the first stop sign broke off drove back to base with stop sign hanging only attached to the bus by the wires today same bus a coolant hose exploded next to the brake pedal burning my foot for a second i thought bus was on fire 🔥 almost jumped off of it 😭😭😭

Kid24

If the MTA ran these inspections 95 percent of our buses wouldn't be able to leave the yard

mirrorcheck

Slowbus maybe that's next wearing NASCAR approved fire suits . That would be great for the hot summer months .

Kid some
If these MTA buses are no bargain. Once they leave the baseanything can happen . Saw one with the back panel swinging wildly in the wind . Still don't get why the local buses that can only do a top speed of 30mph jump on the west shore. They are a hazard and just make traffic
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Kid24

I had a bus when I started 3 years ago as my first bus I kept writing it up and the mechanics thought I was lying so one day I pull in at the end of my PM with an oil leak on the fan belt. Mechanic tells me write it up do not take this bus out at all. I'm in the spare the next two days. I come back after my AM waiting to get gas and I hear my bus is gonna be late for his spots I was like great I'm gonna get yelled at for not taking my bus out. I go in and tell them I didn't know they said yeah no worries the bus just went up in flames by New Dorp....

Poor communication I assume....

Buzz

"I hear my bus is gonna be late for his spots I was like great I'm gonna get yelled at for not taking my bus out. I go in and tell them I didn't know they said yeah no worries the bus just went up in flames by New Dorp...."

As Jackie Chan would say, "I don't understand the word that are come out from your mouth."
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Kid24
Not true. Every bus is inspected by a DOT inspector in our garage. Believe me if one of our buses doesn't meet the DOT requirements he is not passing it.
Now having said that what happens to a bus in between every 6 month inspection may be a different story.

Slowbus

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 16, 2023, 02:57:39 PMKid24
Not true. Every bus is inspected by a DOT inspector in our garage. Believe me if one of our buses doesn't meet the DOT requirements he is not passing it.
Now having said that what happens to a bus in between every 6 month inspection may be a different story.
either Dot standards are very low or inspectors are being taken care of

faceit

Quote from: Slowbus on February 16, 2023, 07:33:32 PM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on February 16, 2023, 02:57:39 PMKid24
either Dot standards are very low or inspectors are being taken care of
Bingo
All lives matter