No One at Stop

Started by PROUD MEMBER, May 25, 2023, 11:29:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Yesterday a relatively new driver (I think about a year here) goes on the radio and says
No one at the stop for child.
It sounded like this was the second day in a row and possibly the 3rd time since September.
Then the driver goes on to say (NOT ASK)
"We're calling OPT about this!!!!"
"I'm putting in for Overtime!!!!"
"I'm bringing this kid to the Police Station!!!!"
SMH
I understand the frustration but there's a way to go about things and this is not that way!

Buzz

You're right, however I was told that in the fall this same driver had to sit for FOUR HOURS with the same child before somebody came. OPT kept telling the office "somebody will be there in 10 minutes." Yeah ... right. (Therefor they didn't call the police.) I guess she envisioned that happening all over again.

I was more disturbed by the call from a driver who forgot to get an EZ Pass and had a trip in 15 minutes and was given less than helpful information over the radio. The guy was panicking and there was just no reason for that. (All they had to do is tell him to just go through the toll and the company would get billed for it. Was publicly humiliating the guy helping him get to the school to do the trip?)

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Slowbus

Not surprise there remember drivers  are poorly train to get you their cdl not to deal with Situations and then they're told they are going to drive a little bit in the am and little bit in the pm

Buzz

Quoteand then they're told they are going to drive a little bit in the am and little bit in the pm

Sorry, but I defy you to tell me who told you that. I don't believe it.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Slowbus

I don't want to mention names but Trust me I know what I'm saying everything is peaches and cream at the beginning