School Bus Strike Article

Started by Bussin4Livin, August 12, 2023, 03:52:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bussin4Livin

"The Union is fighting to get back what members previously had and everything they lost," officials wrote in the newsletter. "A fair contract for all senior and new members is the answer to making school bus a career again."

Buzz

"More recently, parents reported that buses without air conditioning topped 100 degrees."

What do they think this is, UPS??  ;D  ;D  ;D

Good article ... thanks for posting!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Here's a related article from Kentucky ... kids getting home as late as 10 p.m. because the district thought they could compensate for the driver shortage by cutting over 100 runs ... forcing the remaining drivers to do as many as 8 schools! (School has been canceled for Monday and Tuesday.)

Maybe they need a better union!

https://www.wdrb.com/news/jcps-parents-frustrated-with-new-bus-routes-as-some-kids-get-home-as-late-as/article_03248b24-370c-11ee-884c-b71cc2ae258e.html

mirrorcheck

I guess if you can transport the new arrivals you should get AC . They do get the best lodging amenities.....
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Bussin4Livin

My friends dad just messaged me asking me if we were going on strike? I said there's a strong possibility of it now happening, I said how did you find out?  He said it was on the news, not any article that I sent here

Buzz

Robdep

If there is no contract will there be a pick and safety class

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Robdep on August 15, 2023, 05:46:14 PMIf there is no contract will there be a pick and safety class

Well we worked summer school with no contract so I assume we would still have a pick and the refresher due to if we don't have a strike runs will be picked and the course would be done and we wouldn't be behind schedule. I'm sure when we go for our refresher Anthony will give the state of the union address on the situation lol

faceit

Anyone with asthma or C.O.P.D
Don't hold your breath :crazy:
All lives matter

Buzz

Quote from: Robdep on August 15, 2023, 05:46:14 PMIf there is no contract will there be a pick and safety class

Yes, definitely.

Bussin4Livin

Some quotes from another article

https://www.amny.com/news/potential-school-bus-strike-could-impact-up-to-150000-public-school-students/?fbclid=IwAR1df7Ls8tSpo37gaV9g3WxauOhhBKkIiEJGth65e9Fap358aUSJ_AmSES8_aem_AQElNtuhEsmyxV2Z-ulHNt_zF-43N3v0uH5jSuN4rL1r-ttk7-YZw3wQ4KlqIKNxlDc

"Fret said that the union wants "all the bus drivers, attendants to be on the same page as far as wages and everything else."
"I want everybody to be treated the same," Fret said. "We're not interested in having different tiers."

"Let's not demonize blue-collar employees striking in order to be given a livable wage, comprehensive health insurance, a pension," Healy said. "They're fighting for their families just as much as we're fighting for ours."

Catalinotto said that the union confirmed the ongoing negotiations and that they would give PIST an update "possibly next Thursday."

Fret refrained from commenting on the exact demands being made by the companies "because they're private companies and negotiations are private right now" and "confidential." He backed Banks' assertion about the potential of a strike, saying that the chancellor "put them on notice that there might be a strike in September for school buses."

Buzz

PROUD MEMBER

QuoteMy money says no strike.

Easy for u to say.
Ur broke!!!