Dry Run

Started by Manwithabus, August 26, 2023, 08:30:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Manwithabus

Good afternoon Buzz. I hope all is well with everyone.   Regarding the run pick, as in years past, I'm assuming we're doing the dry run on the same day.  Enjoy the last leg of summer. Back to reality soon.  Thank you.

Bussin4Livin

Quote from: Manwithabus on August 26, 2023, 08:30:56 PMGood afternoon Buzz. I hope all is well with everyone.   Regarding the run pick, as in years past, I'm assuming we're doing the dry run on the same day.  Enjoy the last leg of summer. Back to reality soon.  Thank you.

Definitely won't be able to do it if you're picking on Thursday with the refresher now at 3pm. Say we finish the pick at 11-1130 who knows if you'll be done in time before the refresher some may have to come back Friday for the dry run

Manwithabus

I should've been more specific. I go in on Wednesday for the pick and safety course. I'm just not sure if the dry run is the same day or the next day. 👌🏻

PROUD MEMBER

You may not be mandated to do a dry run. And if we are, my advice would be to do it the day after Labor Day.

Buzz

Quote from: Manwithabus on August 26, 2023, 08:30:56 PMGood afternoon Buzz. I hope all is well with everyone.   Regarding the run pick, as in years past, I'm assuming we're doing the dry run on the same day.  Enjoy the last leg of summer. Back to reality soon.  Thank you.

I'm sure we'll be told when to do the dry runs. Not everybody will have time on the same day they pick.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 27, 2023, 01:15:14 AMYou may not be mandated to do a dry run. And if we are, my advice would be to do it the day after Labor Day.

Are you saying this in regard to unemployment? In the past, haven't they lumped it into the first weeks pay?

PROUD MEMBER

Or if not the day after Labor Day then do it Friday (Sept. 1st).

Golfnut

If I remember correctly we weren't allowed to do the dry run the same day as the pick last year ...We had to come in a different day.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 27, 2023, 03:19:45 AMOr if not the day after Labor Day then do it Friday (Sept. 1st).

But again ... why?

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on August 27, 2023, 03:19:45 AMOr if not the day after Labor Day then do it Friday (Sept. 1st).

Oh, okay ... so as you pointed out to me off-line, We want to work (dry run) at least one day in September so that in the event of a strike we have medical coverage for the month. Good thinking.

Also so that senior drivers get the 4 hours pay, which they would get screwed out of if they do it next week because it's a guaranteed week.

Buzz

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought we had to do dry runs on 2 different days last year.

Slowbus

Been here 3 years never done a dry run what's the purpose of it anyways?

Buzz

I'm being told that dry runs must be done by Friday with a Via phone and L/R sheets must also be turned in. 

Buzz

QuoteBeen here 3 years never done a dry run what's the purpose of it anyways?

Seriously? The purpose is to familiarize yourself with a new run. No exceptions for having done the same run for 10 years. smh

mirrorcheck

If you pick on Thursday they want you to come in Friday ? lmao . Again that Thursday class for some reason is delayed till 3 pm . I just don't get this anymore .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.