ALL PICKS CANCELED!!

Started by Buzz, August 29, 2023, 10:32:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

ALL PICKS CANCELED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE!!

YOUS MUST SHOW UP FOR THE REFRESHER AT YOUR SCHEDULED TIME!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

docjones

What will happen do we keep our old run will we be working sept 7th?

Buzz

QuoteWhat will happen do we keep our old run will we be working sept 7th?

You will stay on your old run until there is a pick.

We don't know yet what will happen next week. As of right now, we are working.

My guess is even if we were going to go on strike it wouldn't be until the first full week of school. If we work the 7th (and 8th) we're covered for medical benefits for the month.

PROUD MEMBER

Here's a simple answer to all questions. And it's no disrespect to anyone on any of these sites but don't just ask here. At the refresher course in front of everyone ask Owen and Anthony while they're together, this way you get direction from both the Office & the Union. I know I'm going to even though I "assume" I already know the answers. Don't be shy. You don't want to run into a jam the first day and you want it to be as smooth as it can be for the children, parents and urself. Here's my questions:
1. No pick & No strike. Unless otherwise told by the Office, do we do the EXACT run(s) that we were doing on a DAILY basis when we left in June? Reason being there are definitely drivers that retired, new drivers that their first day will be September 7th and obviously new runs, deleted runs, etc., etc..
2. BEFORE your first day of work can we check with the Office to see what bus each of us is using? Don't just assume you're in the same bus. Besides getting a few new buses in over the summer there are buses that got sent to the junkyard over the summer.
3. If we're not doing something different then when we left in June do we have to do a dry run?
4. Can the Office post if there are any Jewish or private schools that open before September 7th and if so, do they get bus service?

Buzz

Holy crap, man! This is almost as bad as when you went to Ernie with a list of 47 questions! You're breaking the Cardinal Rule of attending refresher classes, which is Don't Ask Questions!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

I can pretty much answer your questions here ...

1) You will do your assigned run UNLESS Carmine gives you a run to cover ... which may or may not be the one you covered last year. (Neither Owen nor Anthony will be able to give you that answer.)

2) Usually, Owen waits until after the pick to assign buses. With no pick he can do it at any time. I'm usually sent the bus assignment list and post it here.

3) No pick, no dry runs. If there were dry runs it would be for the run you picked, not a run you might be covering.

4) The office has already posted the list of private schools getting service before the 7th. Didn't you see it on the monitor on the left in the driver's room?

Not a matter of being "shy." It's a matter of making an already too long class even longer, If something is presented that you really don't understand then, sure, raise your hand. Otherwise, we'll find out everything we need to know in due time.

Hope this helps!!

Buzz, if you have access to the list of schools receiving service before Sept 7, can you post it?

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on August 30, 2023, 03:41:49 PMBuzz, if you have access to the list of schools receiving service before Sept 7, can you post it?

I'll ask Bobby if he can send it to me. If he does I'll post it.

Buzz

Quote from: Buzz on August 30, 2023, 02:42:18 PM3) No pick, no dry runs. If there were dry runs it would be for the run you picked, not a run you might be covering.

Okay ... I was wrong about this one ... still have to do it but can be done in your car and no Via phone. Completely different from what I was told Monday.

Buzz

QuoteBuzz, if you have access to the list of schools receiving service before Sept 7, can you post it?
Please note: THE LIST HAS CHANGED As of 8/31

Schools first week.jpg

PROUD MEMBER

It's a matter of hearing the answers directed from Owen and Anthony. As I said no disrespect to anyone on the websites but when the shit hits the fan and someone tells Owen or Anthony
"Well, that's what someone posted on Buzz's Website", you let me know how that works out.

PROUD MEMBER

The main reason I posted those four questions was for other drivers, mainly the new ones so they wouldn't wait until next Thursday morning to inquire. Obviously it will chaos enough. Also with regards to the monitor, yes I did see the list of private school openings. Again it was just a polite way in helping others. Furthermore as I stated even if your school is open before September 7th you should still ask if that school is getting bus service. Buzz I'm sure you know but others may not that there are days when public schools are closed and some private schools are open but do not have bus service.

Buzz

PROUD MEMBER - Always appreciate your contributions to this message board, no offense intended whatsoever.

I'm pretty sure on the list of private schools "OPEN, "FULL DAY" and "HALF DAY" indicates they're getting service accordingly ... else the list is useless ... but what the difference between "OPEN" and "FULL DAY" is I have no idea.   I will find out for sure. You raised a good point. 

You're always on the ball and your input is always welcome!!

PROUD MEMBER

Although it makes perfect sense and is USUALLY the same you are incorrect about the list. Over the years and just last year I have done private schools that were listed as open but did not receive bus service. But now that I'm thinking about it, I believe you may not be aware of these rare occasions bc I think you only pick public school runs.

Buzz

Yes, I stopped doing private schools not long after we started getting paid only 4 hours when we used to get a full day extra. (Something else we never got back.)

My point about the list is this: If it doesn't tell a driver that he has to be at his school on a given day it's totally useless. What would be the point of it otherwise? Drivers don't need to know a school is "OPEN" ... they need to know whether or not it's getting service. I'll have this discussion with Janks today.