Claim unemployment 9/3

Started by Buzz, September 03, 2023, 12:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

https://my.ny.gov/LoginV4/login.xhtml

For those for whom this is a guaranteed week, this will be the last week we claim for the summer. Others will still be able to claim partial benefits next week (indicating the number of hours you worked.)

Have a safe year all!!
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

May seem silly but are we sure it's a guaranteed week for Senior Employees?
Reason I ask is bc Senior Matrons at top pay that work Thursday & Friday and get paid for Labor Day still don't gross $504, so they'll need to know for sure.

Buzz

Actually Anthony texted me yesterday that this IS a guaranteed week.

(I thought it was a "given" so I didn't post it. Sorry.)

mirrorcheck

Guaranteed week for all now that we are working without a contract ? 🤔
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

faceit

That means that we are Still under the old contract
All lives matter

Buzz

Old contract stays in effect until there is a new one. (As per the NLRB, known as the "status quo ante.") In the past we've worked many months without a new contract. The ferry workers worked for 10 years without one.

Golfnut

For those of us that had to work today and are working tomorrow, do we get an extra 4 hours each day because Public School is closed ???

Buzz

Quote from: Golfnut on September 05, 2023, 10:14:51 PMFor those of us that had to work today and are working tomorrow, do we get an extra 4 hours each day because Public School is closed ???

Yes, if you are a legacy driver, else just straight 8 hours. (As per Anthony)