Attention Parents

Started by PROUD MEMBER, September 18, 2023, 03:25:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Today's hand out letter from the Union to the Parents was written very well. It was short, simple and to the point.
BUT.........
It asks for the Parent's support and understanding. Which is great. BUT in my opinion if you don't actually tell the parents how to voice their support then the letter is useless. We'd be lucky if one out of ten parents did something on their own.
At the end of the letter it should have stated to call or email ur council person, Congressperson or the Mayor's Office and ask them to help with the negotiations. Or give them the number to that Parent Organization or even to call Pioneer and ask for the owner.
So as good as the letter is, it's basically worthless!

Buzz

@PROUD MEMBER - Have to agree with you on that point.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Buzz

This flier SUCKS!! Trying to get the parents to have sympathy for us is BULLSHIT. They couldn't care less about us. Many of them get up earlier, put in more hours and get paid less. Boo hoo hoo, poor drivers .. THEY HAVE NO FUCKS TO GIVE!!

This is the wrong approach. It should not be about US. It should be about THEM! The letter below is what I would have written. (Got the idea for the last paragraph from PROUD MEMBER ... thank you.)

Strike letter to parents.jpg

PROUD MEMBER

Well said Buzz
It's to bad you didn't bring it to the Union before today's letter "went out".

J.T.

Quote from: Buzz on September 18, 2023, 05:33:22 PMThis flier SUCKS!! Trying to get the parents to have sympathy for us is BULLSHIT. They couldn't care less about us. Many of them get up earlier, put in more hours and get paid less. Boo hoo hoo, poor drivers .. THEY HAVE NO FUCKS TO GIVE!!

This is the wrong approach. It should not be about US. It should be about THEM! The letter below is what I would have written. (Got the idea for the last paragraph from PROUD MEMBER ... thank you.)

:thumbup:

Slowbus

;D  ;D  ;D with the beautiful relationship that I have we the parents                                           wasn't this the same union that was asking everybody to vote for the same  politicians that they want parents to call now why can they call them themselves

Slowbus

Quote from: Buzz on September 18, 2023, 05:33:22 PMThis flier SUCKS!! Trying to get the parents to have sympathy for us is BULLSHIT. They couldn't care less about us. Many of them get up earlier, put in more hours and get paid less. Boo hoo hoo, poor drivers .. THEY HAVE NO FUCKS TO GIVE!!

👏👏👏👏

mirrorcheck

The Union can always use a better angle on public relations . Since we aren't going out on strike in the next day or so there's nothing wrong with drawing up a second letter to get their goat . It should be foot in neck all the time doing everything we can . But then I digress and it's back to why are we covering work playing nice????

UPS didn't have parents, UAW went out (still unsettled I think  they wanted one contract for all sounds familiar ) they didn't have parents . And a bunch of other unions that won big don't have parents . Anyway as much as it's unfair to compare . We are still essential and highly qualified and we can do more ourselves than any parent or hack politician. 

I think we all should draw the common denominator the 12 year contract is atrocious. We need to do better if we all want a pension to be there when it's our time . Just like the coming presidential election this is even more important than last contract .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

PROUD MEMBER

The City offering Metro cards and paying for cabs and Ubers and I believe even reimbursing parents that drive students to and from school doesn't help our cause either. As we experienced last Strike the school day and the students getting to and from school wasn't as dramatic as we (or at least I) thought it would be.

PROUD MEMBER

And I forgot the at home online classes.
Another waste of millions & millions of dollars on laptops & tablets that the children either didn't use or didn't learn anything by using. My opinion, just like with Bloomberg this administration as with dumbblasio's is with the owners and not us.

Buzz

QuoteMy opinion, just like with Bloomberg this administration as with dumbblasio's is with the owners and not us.
I'm not sure you're right about that. Adams is trying awfully hard not to have a strike. I think he he's going to appease them to get a decent contract out of them ... just my opinion.

PROUD MEMBER

If he was trying that hard he would ask the owners and 1181 if someone from his administration or even himself could sit in on the negotiations.

QuoteIf he was trying that hard he would ask the owners and 1181 if someone from his administration or even himself could sit in on the negotiations.
Are you sure that is not happening?  A city mediator may be attending for advice to both sides.

PROUD MEMBER

As far as last week when I asked Anthony he said that the Mayor's Office met with the Union but not with both sides while at the table. And as far as the Mayor's Office meeting separately with the Owners, that I wouldn't know.