Buses to Tuesday's Meeting

Started by Buzz, September 22, 2023, 05:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 22, 2023, 06:23:47 PMIs today Groundhog Day???

Cross-posted because I know it's important to Anthony. Some people look only at the Work Related board.

Okay, wise-azz?  ;D  ;D  ;D

Seriously though, I don't remember Anthony asking people to go to a meeting before now. He knows most of them are bullshit. So for him to request attendance it must be pretty important to him. Since most of the contract is for the benefit of the 2013-plus hirees, I think it would be a slap in the face to Anthony for anybody in that group not to attend. Just my humble opinion.

PROUD MEMBER

Since you put it that way.
"Anybody in that group not to attend"
I have to ask the question.
Are you going?

Slowbus

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 23, 2023, 03:09:56 AMSince you put it that way.
Are you going?
🔥🔥🔥🔥

Slowbus

Quote from: Slowbus on September 23, 2023, 05:01:07 AM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 23, 2023, 03:09:56 AMSince you put it that way.
Are you going?
🔥🔥🔥🔥?????

PROUD MEMBER

All kidding aside, it's up to each and everyone of us if we decide to go to a meeting. No one should tell you or force you to go. And you shouldn't say it's a slap in Anthony's face if the 2013 group doesn't go. If you're gonna say that then you should say it's a slap in Anthony's face if ANY of us don't go. Besides what Senior Members will get in this new contract anything that the "2013 Group" gets is not only beneficial to them but beneficial to each and everyone of us and the future of this Union Local. Just my humble opinion.

I don't see it as a slap to Anthony if post 2013 drivers do not/can not attend the meeting. A passing thank you to Anthony and those in his office, as well as any delegate or board member that visits should be sufficient for a job well done. The majority of pre and post 2013 drivers will be satisfied with the outcome of these negotiations and of the effort of the union, owners and the City. In regards to a slap, did Anthony slap the post 2013 drivers with his involvement over the years?  Lets forget the "slapping" reference and be proud of the accomplishment.

PROUD MEMBER

That's my whole point. Whether you're Pre or Post 2013 there's no slapping to anyone. Just as no one should be told or influenced that they must go to a meeting. Although it would be great that we ALL attend the meeting (not just this meeting but every meeting) a simple thank you and show of appreciation is fine. It appears that this contract has every member (at least members of legacy companies back under one contract). So it time to stop with the separation. And as I stated no matter who is going to get whatever in this contract, it doesn't just benefit a certain group. It benefits all of us and this LOCAL. Hopefully in the coming years the next step will be to get ALL 1181 properties (not just legacy) under one contract again. And one more thing. And I can get in trouble for this but let's not forget just as we choose to be be drivers & matrons and get paid for doing our job to the best of our ability so does our President, Delegates and Stewards. They do the job that they chose to the best of their ability and get paid for it. Sometimes like us, they fail and sometimes as in this case they prevail.
I'll see you Tuesday night and if not the best to you and your families!

mirrorcheck

Since I have been here I have seen 3 new shop stewards and 3 Union Presidents . I'm assuming they want support cause as mentioned there are a few 1181 member contracts still up in the air. Some were in negotiations longer than us. Hopefully the Trend was set and everyone else piggy Backs the deal. Everyone deserves what was had for what they do , in all sorts of weather and conditions delivering "Precious Cargo" safely .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

PROUD MEMBER

Hope the contract is as disappointing as the meeting.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 28, 2023, 01:11:26 AMHope the contract is as disappointing as the meeting.

Why do you say that?

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on September 28, 2023, 01:44:22 AM
Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 28, 2023, 01:11:26 AMHope the contract is as disappointing as the meeting.

Is or Is not?

I'm assuming he meant "is not" but still wondering what he meant by disappointing.

Buzz

Quote from: 04012013 on September 23, 2023, 04:41:51 PMI don't see it as a slap to Anthony if post 2013 drivers do not/can not attend the meeting. ...  Lets forget the "slapping" reference and be proud of the accomplishment.

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 23, 2023, 03:39:08 PMAnd you shouldn't say it's a slap in Anthony's face if the 2013 group doesn't go.

Point taken!