Buses to Tuesday's Meeting

Started by Buzz, September 22, 2023, 05:07:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 28, 2023, 11:07:43 AMI meant "is not"

I know you meant "is not" but what do you mean the meeting was disappointing? In what way? What were you expecting?
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

Slowbus

we were all excited expecting real numbers and figures instead we got "years to top pay was reduced significantly and is going to be a nice number  "

Buzz

Quote from: Slowbus on September 28, 2023, 07:24:37 PMwe were all excited expecting real numbers and figures instead we got "years to top pay was reduced significantly and is going to be a nice number  "
Now, see, that's exactly what I would have expected. After 30 years of this kind of shit,  you learn. 😁

PROUD MEMBER

Buzz either ur kidding or I don't understand ur comment.
You're saying after 30 years that's "exactly" what you would have expected.
"That kind of shit."
Yet last week you were the one that suggested to the "new hires" to go to the meeting otherwise it a slap in Anthony's face.
Unfortunately that is exactly what I expected and that's why I said no Member should be told or influenced to go to a meeting. They should be asked. And I'm not saying that any of us shouldn't go. Far from it. I use to go to every meeting. Unfortunately maybe bc of age, ailments, where the meetings are held and after my 20 years I don't go anymore.

PROUD MEMBER

Furthermore let me say one more thing, so my comments are not taken the wrong way. Whether or not I agree with our Board or Steward, outside of this Local I always stand with them but if I disagree with them I will voice my opinion, not just on this site or other sites or at the schools with the other drivers. I will and have told them face to face. And one more thing I think Anthony does a great job but I do not group him with the Board. He has no control over what the Board does.

Buzz

Listen, there were many, MANY times in the past that we were "asked" to attend meetings and I did so ... many, MANY times. When Eddie or Ernie wanted a turnout, for whatever reason, I was there.

Many of those times were during the "Members for Change" uprisings (I'll call it that) and their election challenges. Those meetings were actually interesting ... even "fun." Then there were the meetings when the International took us over for a while. Serious business and important meetings. But other than that most meetings were bullshit ... and you know it.

Yet, as a "junior" driver,  I went because it was requested. And it was mostly junior drivers who went. And now I feel it is up to the newer members to respond accordingly and to make up the numbers because it is they who will likely be here more years than older drivers and whose future is at stake and will be the ones to benefit the most. I feel it is incumbent upon them to sit through their share of bullshit meetings. (And about 130 of them did so this time! Nice turnout.)  But yes, at my age, I am not ashamed to  sit them out and make no apologies for doing so.

Anthony does a thankless job as do Bob, Scott, Nico and Ralph. I could never put up with the bullshit that Anthony and Bob do. Anthony gets a small stipend, but not enough to compensate for what he has to do. The others get zilch. I am not bashful about expressing my gratitude to all of them throughout the year.

PROUD MEMBER

If ur talking to me specifically, I am not asking for an apology from you or anyone who doesn't attend any meeting. No other should need to. We all have personal lives and obligations besides the job.
We are All Union Brothers & Sisters and for us that are here long enough, we are friends. I believe over the last week my comments have clearly showed how I feel about everything. And like I said no matter what I always speak what's on my mind throughout our Brotherhood (which we all should). Sometimes even though I know I shouldn't I do it for those who for some reason are afraid to.
Having said that, I'm done with this conversation and probably all conversations going forward.
Let's just hope that the new contract is as good as we're told it is.
On another note did all the legacy drivers and matrons get the 4 hours in their paycheck that was owed to us from the 1st week of work?

OnTime

Buzz

@PROUD MEMBER - No, wasn't speaking to you specifically. Also, most of the time I agree with you but even if I don't I value your comments and this is the place to speak your mind and get things off your chest. I always appreciate your comments no matter what.

Buzz

Quote from: PROUD MEMBER on September 29, 2023, 02:34:08 PMOn another note did all the legacy drivers and matrons get the 4 hours in their paycheck that was owed to us from the 1st week of work?

I did ... finally.

mirrorcheck

The union expressed they didn't want to go into specific numbers as if they were off by a few cents they would be held to that . In this litigious society they are 1,000 % correct . Either way it will be written up , then has ti go to the lawyers to approve and then ti be voted on. Look at it and vote and learn about it then .
     Ditto on the work our Shop Steward and assistant do . Much like them and their staff 1181s board has quite a few capable and reliable people that we're confident about what they were shooting for . All delivered and deserve applause . Most only seek them when chips are down and they need help .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.