The MOA ... And WHEN?!!

Started by Buzz, October 16, 2023, 05:49:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz

That's pretty much the question I posed to John Cleary on the phone a few minutes ago. He said there are a couple of things holding it up. One is the lawyers quibbling over some of the wording, but I guess that's a good thing ... means they're going over it with a fine-toothed comb.

The other thing is the union and city haggling over the matrons' pay, but John feels an agreement will be reached in the next day or two. With any luck, John is hopeful that we will see the MOA some time next week. (No promises, though ... LOL)

Keep you fingers crossed.
I am patient with stupidity, but not with those who are proud of it.

mirrorcheck

Let's hope . All in all this is great news .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Slowbus

they been saying the same thing :head_wall:  :head_wall:  :head_wall:  :head_wall:  :head_wall:  :head_wall:  for months now

Buzz

Quote from: Slowbus on October 16, 2023, 11:05:08 PMthey been saying the same thing :head_wall:  :head_wall:  :head_wall:  :head_wall:  :head_wall:  :head_wall:  for months now

Not really ... agreement was reached Sept. 20 ... not even a month ago. But I never remember it taking so long to see it in black and white before.

Buzz

If you've been hearing rumors that the MOAs will be mailed to us next week, Anthony says it's not true. They will not be mailed, but he should have them to give to us next week. (Operative word: should)

faceit

I think we should definitely read the fine print :crazy:
All lives matter

mirrorcheck

Besides driver issues , regular workload(the daily adding of trips from OPT ) and the MOA I think the union office has its hands full . I think Anthony wants this MOA done as well as it affects all of us .
Years of inaction and corruption has paved the way for the Devil to ride in and take what he pleases.

Buzz

Finally! As per Anthony, getting the MOA on the 27th, voting the next day!

faceit

I'll believe it when I see it  :wink1:
All lives matter

Buzz

mirrorcheck

Only Father Time knows . Believing less and less . Heard IC has gotten a look at contract . Any truth to that ?

Buzz

Quote from: mirrorcheck on November 17, 2023, 07:07:27 PMOnly Father Time knows . Believing less and less . Heard IC has gotten a look at contract . Any truth to that ?

Yes, IC got and voted on the contract.